New project for 2016 - maybe Litespeed T1 SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

I'm looking to start a new project for 2016, this time in a electric shifting system. Still don't know if Di2, EPS or Etap... The rest of the components will be more wallet friendly... Time will tell since this will slow assembly project

But the first question is to choose the base the frame:

Options are titanium or stainless steel:

Litespeed T1 SL

FESTKA XCR

VICTOIRE CYCLES Reynolds 953

Right now I was looking for comments on the litespeed T1 the one that accepts tapered forks not the first iteration the Archon... How it rides... Problems frame weight... Stiffess and confort... All the stuff... Please let me know.

Titanium road frames only know my Vamoots RSL.

Thanks in advance.

Enviado do meu C6903 através de Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Any news on this subject...

morrisond

by morrisond

If you are keeping the Moots then you already have a Ti bike. Festka does incredible paint - I would go that route.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Thanks Morrison...

But I can't pick a bike just for the paint job... That is last worry...
But indeed Festkas look amazing...

Looking for info on the T1 right now

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

how about a Firefly?

elfuinha

by elfuinha

too expensive...

but i really like them

RyanH

by RyanH

I'll probably be doing the same as well as the LS T1 SL caught my attention and as well as SRAM Wireless. Chances are though that the ride is going to be different from the current T1's. I doubt they're going to be able to maintain the same level of stiffness as the current T1 while also being 100-200g lighter.

That might be a good thing though as everything I've gathered about the T1 is that it's overly stiff. Look up BigSkyTi's ride impressions. I think he's a bigger guy (close to 200lbs) and found it to be exceptionally stiff.

My Xicon on the other hand, strikes the right balance of stiffness and comfort for me at least. I'm only 70kg so I'm not going to have too many issues with flex. I can feel flex when doing high torque 700-900w uphill sprints, but it doesn't bother me one bit and it's not slower than the Parlee Z5sli for the same efforts. The geometry and handling characteristics are fantastic. It closely mirrors the Parlee Z5Sli, which is a coveted frame for ride characteristics. I have no qualms racing a crit on it, taking it out for a stage race or suffering up a 3 hour climb on it and then bombing down the descent.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello Ryan

Acording to steve from Litespeed the stiffness will be about the same because of the top tube shape. acording to him.

M/L weight 1176g

elfuinha

by elfuinha

thanks for the info.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

M/L frame

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

elfuinha wrote:Image

M/L frame

I really like how the easton fork works with this build! I always feel kind of sad when I see lush builds with enve forks, in some builds they don't complement the whole. My next bike will be a Ti road for sure.

Jcgill

by Jcgill

What are the details of your current moots and what type of riding do you do with it???

What are you looking to ride with the new bike?

I would pick the lightspeed, but i love ti....
I would say di2 over etap, or eps if you have the funds.
The tapered fork might make the ride stiff, good for spirited rides, maybe not good for fondos though...

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Jcgill wrote:What are the details of your current moots and what type of riding do you do with it???

What are you looking to ride with the new bike?

I would pick the lightspeed, but i love ti....
I would say di2 over etap, or eps if you have the funds.
The tapered fork might make the ride stiff, good for spirited rides, maybe not good for fondos though...

here is my Moots...

don't do Fondos... ride 1 to 2 times a week, when I can because of work.
max 100km

elfuinha

by elfuinha

viewtopic.php?t=88811

turbocarr

by turbocarr

So how did the T1SL project turn out? I'm a 60+ masters racer and seriously considering upgrading from a 2010 Archon to the T1SL. I had or have several carbon race bikes. They are light, stiff and for the most part beat the crap out of me on long rides, including Specialized Tarmac SL3, Venge and Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod. I haven't been riding the Archon for a few years now mostly because my new carbon wheels are too wide for the chain stays. I've recently found myself resisting going on long rides on carbon bikes because of the stiff ride. On the other hand, I really miss riding the Archon. I can ride all day on that thing and still feel pretty darn fresh. There's no comparison between carbon and the Archon regarding the fatigue factor. So, I'm considering selling the Archon for the new T1SL. I'm kind of a weight weenie so the weight difference is a factor. The T1SL is probably 200 grams heavier and probably a little more flex than my C'dale. My Archon M/L is 1,150 and saw a post of a new build frame was 1,200. Litespeed stated that a M/L should be around 1,000. I'm conflicted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com