LEW wheelset ???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rogue_M3

by Rogue_M3

As I said in the other post, I have both the Reynolds and LEW wheels. I never said that these were the same wheel but the only difference that I can find both visually and performance wise is that the Reynolds wheels are slightly wider. That's it! I can't feel any difference in stiffness or in weight between the two wheels. They are both outstanding wheels that are strong aero and light.

The wheelset in the auction is a pretty good deal. I've seen just the LEW rim alone sell for $300 each. I'm not familiar with the hubset but I do like the looks of the straight pull spoke setup. As long as the wheels were built by a competent wheel builder then they should be a great set of wheels for less than $600.

jesper

by jesper

I found out that I'll stick to my HED Alps, but change the spokes to CX-Rays. I think I'll have a more all-round wheelset in the Alps than in a pair of LEW. Off course they are super light and very nice, but..........

I have found a good deal on the spokes at www.gypzybikz.com and I know that these spokes are the best !!!

But thanks for all the inputs and the info :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tobias

by tobias

have fun with them :D
nothing.

jesper

by jesper

I hope so....... :)

I have tried to get in contact with gypzybikz by phone and by fax today, but they don't answer....??
I'm really interested in the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Are they weight weenies too...??

tobias

by tobias

jesper wrote: the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Are they weight weenies too...??

...take a look at the top right corner of this page...they´re hosting it (afaik) :)

it might be easier to mail them...
nothing.

jesper

by jesper

I know they are hosting this site :)

But I needed to speak with them in person......therefore the phone and also the fax ( and yes I know that I can't speak with in person by fax.... :) but I had some info written down

But I'll also try by mail, thanks ! :)

tobias

by tobias

jesper wrote:I know they are hosting this site :)

But I needed to speak with them in person......therefore the phone and also the fax ( and yes I know that I can't speak with in person by fax.... :) but I had some info written down

But I'll also try by mail, thanks ! :)

yeah, you might arrange some kind of "phone meeting" by mail...if they are as busy as it seems...
godd luck!
nothing.

jesper

by jesper

I'll do that, thanks again

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

jesper wrote:I have tried to get in contact with gypzybikz by phone and by fax today, but they don't answer....??
I'm really interested in the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Our retail shop is closed on Wednesdays, that's why you couldn't reach anyone there.
I've sent you an email.
Image Image