Eco 2016 or used C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

logy

by logy

Hi All

I have a got deal on an almost new C60 in my size but having owned an Evo for years and loved it wonder if it would give me more performance to wait for the new version. Heart falls for the romance of a Colnago but head says go for the Dale. I would like a stiffer frame but love the comfort of my Evo and the quick handling. I'm 6 ft and weigh 164.

Any help with the choice would be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Go for the Evo. It's new so comes with a lifetime warranty, which Cannondale have been good to me with in the past.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I haven't seen the new eve but my next bike which I am buying when the 2016 models will be available is the C60 Disc. I would go C60 and keep your old Evo.

kgt

by kgt

I would suggest you try the Colnago. Aren't you curious...?

logy

by logy

Its too far away to ride and I can't get a test ride on one locally sadly.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I rode the C60 and I adored it, I am also coming from a Evo.

Alfie22

by Alfie22

Go for the C60!

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I think the C60 will be a hard bike to hate, sure it'll be heavier than your Evo etc etc. but I've never heard anything negative about the ride.

Performance wise, the new Evo will probably be stiffer and lighter, but the C60 is stiff enough and light enough, so who cares? I'd listen to your heart, it's a chance to own a Colnago!

Cannondale will eventually bring out another better race bike, but the C60 won't be outdated. I'm pretty sure the C59 is still highly regarded despite the C60 being "newer". Do you want a bike for another product cycle, or do you want a bike to keep?

That's my 2c worth anyway. Feel free to disagree.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

kgt

by kgt

C60 is much heavier but not less stiff. Might even be stiffer in absolute terms at the bb and headtube-fork junction.
C60 will also look 'fresh' and valuable even after 5, 10, 15 years (especially in classic geometry). Evo much less.

Having said that I still think evo is one of the more balanced and cool frames available.

logy

by logy

Evo it is. I had a C50 some time ago and was under-whelmed aside from the looks. Currently in the Alps and I think more trips like this a better investment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com