Best cross tubulars?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

unfortunaly I'm on a budget on this one so no Dugust tires for me - what else is good for a better price? a link to where to buy would be great!

I want a decent allround tire - 32-34mm!

This challange Grifo tubular should have the same casing as the Dugust but a cheaper price! Any expirence about them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

hi mads
i have made very bad experience with challenge tubulars. everytime i rode them, i had flat tires, even with 0,1 - 0,2 bar more pressure. riding over roots or stones you sometimes feel the rim touching the ground through the tubular. when this happens with dugast, you continue riding, but if it happens with challenge, they're gone.
when we picked up our frames at ridley, we bought some challenge tubs. since we took 20, we got a better price, 45 euro per piece(this would be close to a price that dealers have to pay), in switzerland yoou have to pay around 60 or 70 euro for a challenge tub. regular price for a dugast is 66 euro, so the prices are really close or dugast is even cheaper.
the dugast is far more flexible when riding with low pressure because the walls seem to be thinner.
and:dugast is lighter. a 32 mm typhoon is around 350 grams. challenge is around 100 gram more, the challenge semi slick(new for this season) is 500 grams per piece!!!

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

SIMON WHICH TIRES ARE YOU GONE RIDE TOMORROW?

ELMAR

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i decide this afternoon when i go to the track. right now i'm between rhino 32 mm and michelin mud 34 mm(highly possible that i ride michelin because they're on the lightweights). but another possibility would be michelin jet on 32 mm. i'll write what i've choosen in the evening(we have so much time to hang around in the hotel and internet is for free, so i can regularly join in here...have a nice day!

Müsing

by Müsing

@simon: keep telling us more infos about the material which is used over there. that is really great to read.

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

good luck tomorrow
elmar

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

vittoria challenge tires claim to have 280 tpi
thats 60 more than tufo
and they have latex innertubes
tufo has butyl innertubes
latex runs easier

if you touch the sidewalls
you can feel that vittorias are smother
but i didnt ride them yet
i am gone do it in the nesxt weeks
that will help top compare

elmar

Boogie

by Boogie

simon wrote:i decide this afternoon when i go to the track. right now i'm between rhino 32 mm and michelin mud 34 mm(highly possible that i ride michelin because they're on the lightweights). but another possibility would be michelin jet on 32 mm. i'll write what i've choosen in the evening(we have so much time to hang around in the hotel and internet is for free, so i can regularly join in here...have a nice day!

On the television was a belgium junior. He Had 30mm with 2.5bar. Adrie van de Poel says that he would take 34mm.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

they're stupid! eric devlaeminck told enrico franzoi to ride 28 mm with high pressure. that's idiot! we told the dutch team to ride michelins as wide as possible, but they keep on doing it with normal 32 mm tubs. they have 1 race a year on frozen ground and pretend to know everything about it...
a junior that is 50 or 55 kg can easily ride 1,7 bar without puncturing.
i don't have more news of the material side yet. heule is going to ride rhino 34 mm, i will ride michelin mud 34 mm, baumgartner has rhino 32 mm.
gears:42x11-23 for heule and me, don't know about baumgartner. heule and i have chosen for lightweights and yellow swissstop flash brakepads on heule brake pad holders 8)
right now there are franzoi, gadret, nys, groenendaal, flückiger and several others with these pad holders.

Boogie

by Boogie

Simon: Are these the 'flying Doctors'

http://www.gerbendeknegt.nl/photos/photos/1281.jpg

Müsing

by Müsing

simon wrote:... on heule brake pad

maybe you can show us some pictures of them next week or so

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

anyone knows where to get Dugast cross tubulars online in europe? can't find anywhere :oops:

Boogie

by Boogie

Mads Kock wrote:anyone knows where to get Dugast cross tubulars online in europe? can't find anywhere :oops:

www.a-dugast.com
www.cyclocrossworld.com

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Thanks Boogie - I will have a look!!!

nikh

by nikh

Did someone say Dugast :lol:
Attachments
dugast.jpg
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com