Its finally done!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

That kuota Frame looks impressive. JTC you have taken your time, but it was well worth the wait :wink: love the seatstays, very nice. so tell us how it rides, HURRRRRRY :!:

hey how do you like the tufo elite jet you have in the back?

JTC

by JTC

Did you buy the Tiso stuff in US or overseas (I don't know where you are located)?

I bought it from www.cyclinginnovations.com in the US. I am having second thoughts though. I am not happy with the shifting performance of the cassette.

how do you like the tufo elite jet you have in the back?

I have been using them for a while and love them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jim

by jim

jtc, nice bike. that kuota is one of the more unique carbon frames coming out of taiwan. nice job!

tell me, how do you find the shifting of the tiso rear derailleur? i've been contemplating getting one, but heard one or two stories that it didn't shift too well? the person i was speaking to was running the shimano version with his dura-ace sti levers. maybe it was inherent to that setup?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I've tried using it with Campy 10 jim...stick to a Record and do yourself a favor.
Ride lightly!

Delpi

by Delpi

:up: 8)

I think the EC90 SLX Sl is 300g cut to 200mm if I am not mistaken.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... highlight=
EC90 SLX weights 299 (uncut / Real Weight)

You can use the new ax saddle (RED)
Attachments
end_red_1_web.jpg
Ciao Zauri

jim

by jim

ye olde balde one, what was the problems you experienced with the derailleur? mis-shifting?

JTC

by JTC

The der. spring tension is really tight which I am still not sure about. I think in the long run the der. may be ok, but the cassettes suck. As Ye old bald one said your best bet is to stick with campy.

KB

by KB

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:I've tried using it with Campy 10 jim...stick to a Record and do yourself a favor.

I asked Poshbikes about TISO and they said leave well alone, not up to the job. He echoed Ye Olde Balde, not just for the rear mech, but the cassettes as well. Said Campag was far superior in quality even though heavier. He though the TISO was fine as long as you didn't ride on it, which somehow defeats the object.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

jim wrote:ye olde balde one, what was the problems you experienced with the derailleur? mis-shifting?

It just didn't shift accurately, I don't know how else to explain it. I tried everything, new cables, outer casing, different chain, cassette, wheel, even different frame, it just wouldn't shift like a Record.
Ride lightly!