Lightest bike for least money?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TImeMachine

by TImeMachine

That's amazing for your budget, well done, looking forward to more pics! I see you are using trocvelo (France), pardon the stupidity of my question but living in England I've never even heard of it until now! is it worth some time and effort browsing in my location or exclusively only France? having joined WW quite recently (but long time lurker) I've now been bitten by this bug too and eager to start but I need a suitable frame (or bike) with a budget of £900 (maybe that could stretch to a frame and some starting components). Alu or carbon is fine. Any suggestions? I was looking at buying second hand (eBay) but obviously taking care with what I buy.

Starlight

by Starlight

I've only bought a couple of things off Troc Velo but certainly worth a look. Best was the Stronglight twister Ti Bottom bracket for 26€, brand new, never fitted and 180€ RRP. The second was the Tiso cassette plus various other campag rings and the sram chain. Paid 50€ including delivery made a 155g 11-27 cassette then made up a full campag cassette that I sold for 30€ on ebay france, then sold my existing chorus cassette for 36€ and I've still got a campag ti 23-25 to sell plus the spare chain and 3 campag/tiso lock rings to sell

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ah Troc Velo, the goldmine of the lightweight graveyard ;-)

Love those old Cinelli frames, very classy! So how much time has it ditched off your Semnoz?

Starlight

by Starlight

ultyguy wrote:Ah Troc Velo, the goldmine of the lightweight graveyard ;-)

Love those old Cinelli frames, very classy! So how much time has it ditched off your Semnoz?

Not sure as the motor wasn't well trained up last year. However did the annual Grimpee du Semnoz competition last September and got up in 1hr & 25 seconds from the Annecy side which was over 3 minutes quicker than 2013 and 6 minutes quicker than 2012. The winners go up in about 42 minutes though!