Aero 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 tapered fork??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,

serching if there exists any aero fork that is tapered (1 1/8 - 1 1/4)? Just interested...I'll be very happy for any information!

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Only one I know of is the Canyon Aeroad CF fork :noidea:
Slam your stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roca rule

by roca rule

I believe that the look hsc6 is somewhat aero and if tapered too.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Probably there are some forks, but only as a frameset - just found that Scott Foil has the tapered standard and of course it should be also aero... If I'm right also 3T had it on some Focus bikes (??) but can't found it anywhere for sale, only the Rigida model and not the Funda. But then Rigida is quite similar like ENVE, regarding the shape.. :noidea:

Thanks for the answers anyway,..just interested if it's possible to get an "aero" tapered fork.

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

FYI Funda Team is available in 1.125-1.25 43mm rake.

gravity

by gravity

Bringing up old thread.

I'm looking for 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 tapered fork at the moment.

The decent one I can find is the obvious ENVE 2.0 but with the current exchange rate, the price is really prohibitive.

Other option is the new Dedacciai K21, but couldn't find any shop or online retailers that sells this.
http://dedacciai.com/website/index.php? ... 90&lang=en

Any other option? Wouldnt mind going for Chinese or Taiwanese brand tho if it's decent enough. Also, it doesn't need to be aero.

Rick

by Rick

You might also consider that Cane Creek makes a 1.25 to 1.125 headset adapter bushing.
With that you can use any of the more widely available 1-1/8 forks. I am using one and it works perfectly fine.

climbandpunishment

by climbandpunishment

Curious to hear if you guys find anything. There's some quite well-designed aerodynamic forks that have been coming out lately (the Dogma F8 being a notably good example) but almost all are only purchasable with a frame.

gravity

by gravity

Rick wrote:You might also consider that Cane Creek makes a 1.25 to 1.125 headset adapter bushing.
With that you can use any of the more widely available 1-1/8 forks. I am using one and it works perfectly fine.

Hi Rick,

Yeah I'm using CK Inset8 with the adapter as well so that I can take my Columbus Tusk Straight fork. But thing is, the outside diameter of the lower cup headset is slightly bigger than the diameter of the fork's surface that touches the lower cup. So the headtube-headset-fork transition doesn't look so smooth.

The bike is being assembled at the moment so no picture just yet; but I have measured the diamaters and the numbers don't look so promising.

Do you happen to have the outside diameter of your lower cup headset? Or pictures of your bike?

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Last edited by Tenlegs on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick

by Rick

gravity wrote:[quote="Rick"...the outside diameter of the lower cup headset is slightly bigger than the diameter of the fork's surface that touches the lower cup. So the headtube-headset-fork transition doesn't look so smooth.

I actually have the same situation. But I don't think it looks noticeably bad. The OD at the top of my fork is slightly smaller than the OD at the base of my headtube.
Maybe I am just not so picky. I will try to post a pic when I get home.

(I also remember when forks never matched headtubes exactly, so maybe that makes me more tolerant of that esthetic.)

Rick

by Rick

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gravity

by gravity

That fork looks like it belong with the frame. Thanks for posting!