Lets See Your Bikes!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

drjones96

by drjones96

C a s r a n wrote:How are those Rolf Prima wheels, drjones96 ??

I think they're great. I got 'em on ebay still in box with build sheet for $575. Great wheels for the money! I rode them all last season without any failures. I rode them mostly in organized rides on the weekends and left the dirty work of training up to my rough 'n ready stock wheels.

Pros:What they're great for is just cruising down the road on flats and rolling hills (primarily what I ride on). Very smooth. I noticed a huge difference in drag between my stock wheels and the vigors. The hubs are smooth too. As they are 2004 models they have the White Industries hubs (and not the Shook designed hubs from 2003 and older that were recently recalled).

Cons: When I climb out of the saddle they flex a good deal though. The first time I tried it I could feel/hear the rear rim rub the brake pads as I pumped from side to side. So I just released the rear brake a couple of clicks and it's fine.

Verdict: Great value for what I paid. Great wheel for up tempo cruising in a pack, Not so good for the mountains. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

OT Garage Doors:

I grew up in a rural part of Missouri. We could pretty much do anything we wanted with our house and nobody had any say in it. Initially we bought the property which already had adult trees on it and my dad came up with his own floor plan and hired builders of his own choosing to do the work.

Currently I live in a 'cookie cutter' neighborhood in a larger city in Texas. The lots are small and the builders give you a choice of less than 10 floor plans that they will build for you. You typically get your choice in color of the bricks and what color you want your trim. (My garage door is actually 'Almond' and not white.) My neighborhood is not part of a Nazi Regime....cough cough....I mean....Homeowners association (thank god). But the great thing about Texas is the cheap houses. We have our friendly Spaniard visitors from the south to thank for that. :waving:
Last edited by drjones96 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Mr.Gib wrote:I would have no trouble trading some of your freedom for some of that Florida weather. (Besides Samu, you're a Fin - how long did your country live under the Soviet thumb? Hmmm let's see....about a hundred years! I guess there is more to freedom then choice of garage door.)

I don't really complain the weather, cold weather cleans the ground from viruses and bacteria etc. And iced lakes are nice plase to ski cross county...no hills!

I really don't know what is worst being uder thumb of Russian or Swedish. Russians make those ugly Lada's and Swedish people make your a_s hurt...:lol:

My grant father told some nice stories how they run aeroplane engines almoust constanly because it was so cold in iced lake of Laattokka when they were fighting over Russians. Under powered and under numered by man power but still they did good...He was aeroplane mechanic, as most of my family people has done something in their hands. I rispect all of those men very higtly. I really don't want to speak russian...getting rid of Swedish peolpe was bit easyer as I have read. But I can see still bullet holes in town were they excecuted thousands of communists in a way of Finnish freedom...My home town had worst blood bath of that war. I hope every body realize what war really is...more than something in CNN.

We have also something similar than George Bush but that's Matti Nykänen..."Possibilites are now 60% / 50%" Says Matti, best ski jumper in wold...former. :shock:

I really don't care how rules, I like how things are now, long as coverment don't make my life too hard. But I somebody would tell me how long my lawn should be????

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Samu Ilonen wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:I would have no trouble trading some of your freedom for some of that Florida weather. (Besides Samu, you're a Fin - how long did your country live under the Soviet thumb? Hmmm let's see....about a hundred years! I guess there is more to freedom then choice of garage door.)

I don't really complain the weather, cold weather cleans the ground from viruses and bacteria etc. And iced lakes are nice plase to ski cross county...no hills!

I really don't know what is worst being uder thumb of Russian or Swedish. Russians make those ugly Lada's and Swedish people make your a_s hurt...:lol:

My grant father told some nice stories how they run aeroplane engines almoust constanly because it was so cold in iced lake of Laattokka when they were fighting over Russians. Under powered and under numered by man power but still they did good...He was aeroplane mechanic, as most of my family people has done something in their hands. I rispect all of those men very higtly. I really don't want to speak russian...getting rid of Swedish peolpe was bit easyer as I have read. But I can see still bullet holes in town were they excecuted thousands of communists in a way of Finnish freedom...My home town had worst blood bath of that war. I hope every body realize what war really is...more than something in CNN.

We have also something similar than George Bush but that's Matti Nykänen..."Possibilites are now 60% / 50%" Says Matti, best ski jumper in wold...former. :shock:

I really don't care how rules, I like how things are now, long as coverment don't make my life too hard. But I somebody would tell me how long my lawn should be????

Well Samu,

You are certainly a man of deep sensibilities. Your comments remind me of how easy life has been over the last century in North America compared to the rest of the world. Rather then respond to your many interesting points I have only one question: Why are the Fins such incredibly good drivers? Absolute domination of motor sport! :lol:

BTW hasn't Matti Nykänen developed a bit of a drinking problem?

collideous

by collideous

Samu Ilonen wrote:... But I somebody would tell me how long my lawn should be????

Back to the topic.

blogging at 29in.ch

Ripley451

by Ripley451

Are the mower blades Ti or CF? :lol:

Here's my other bike with me on it....
Attachments
image_cycling.gif
Vorsprung Durch Tortë http://www.costablancacycling.com/

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

Here are links to my main rides.

My T-Mobile with the Zipps. It gets down to 6900 grams with my light wheels/tires
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2218094270.jpg&s=x4

My ONCE bike in its current TT configuration
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2218124069.jpg&s=x4

My CAAD7 with triple setup for toating my son on a trailabike.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2218155122.jpg&s=x4

Most of my fleet parked
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2218175828.jpg&s=x4
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

Herbert

by Herbert

Well here are my 2 bikes:

My 06 Ghisallo still in progress

and my 04/05 Blade

Bikes4fun

by Bikes4fun

mike wrote:nice bikes you've got!!!! where do you ride in sing? along the beach area/trail area?

Thanks Mike. There are a couple of long stretches of clear road along both the East/West coast, near airbases in the north and we sometimes do round island rides. In a country this small it isn't that long a ride to get around. The problem we face is more like traffic and long spells of wet weather during the monsoons, but that's clearing up now :D

Greyham

by Greyham

Here she is, basically standard fare...gets raced about 4-5 times a week...gl330/American Classic wheels for race day
Attachments
tcr comp
tcr comp

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

My Habit:

1. Litespeed Ghisallo - not very light in current disguise

2. Pegoretti CCKMP - asked Dario what it stood for (Cocaine Can't Kill My Pain :shock: )
Attachments
P7010001.jpg
PA060021.jpg

foxracer826

by foxracer826

Wow, those bmc SLC's are pretty awesome looking bikes!

nexusheli

by nexusheli

fffastfaz wrote:My Habit:

1. Litespeed Ghisallo - not very light in current disguise

2. Pegoretti CCKMP - asked Dario what it stood for (Cocaine Can't Kill My Pain :shock: )

Any idea what weight that CCKMP is coming in at? That's the frame with the Columbus U2 tubing, no?

Machina

by Machina

Size L 55cm ~16.5lbs.
Attachments
PICT0005.JPG

tcr

by tcr

Machina wrote:Size L 55cm ~16.5lbs.

nice looking bike, how long can you keep it clean for though :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Machina

by Machina

Hahaha, ya, it is so white that it can be a chore to keep spotless... I can almost hear my riding buddies thinking,"c h i c k e n n u g g e t !" under their helmets everytime I slow down for a puddle. But really, the more you ride, the more you wash anyway, so it's not really an issue. Besides, the praises make it worth the trouble!