KMC new X10 chain weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

optimo

by optimo

Hello Superlite,

i just put on the new campa chain on my bike the weight off this one is 246 gr. ( 111)
and the KMC x10 I got them from KMC in Friedrchshafen to tri and this one is 251 gr. (111)

Ciao Optimo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:235g is the claimed weight, Balde, your brave enough to test that claim arn't ya? :wink:

Of the hollow pin chain? Are they available yet?
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

Your talking about the Wipperman Ti chain right? You can get them direct or from performance cycling, ugh.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:Your talking about the Wipperman Ti chain right? You can get them direct or from performance cycling, ugh.

I was asking if you were talking about the hollow pin chain. The Ti chain I'm thinking about, right now I'll fit a Ultra10 and see if that 15gm gets me below a threshold to make it worth spending the money.
Ride lightly!

bobalou

by bobalou

Anybody know any online stores that have the new campy chain in stock? I've had one on backorder forever and all the stores (and ebay) I've tried are backordered!

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

I have heard nothing but problems for the wipperman stainless chains. They snap real easy .The TI chain is an ungodly price. I wonder when Sram will have a 10 speed version of the hollowpin PC 89R.

mises

by mises

bobalou - I just got my campy ultra chains from Colo Cyclist late last week so they had them then anyway.

bobalou

by bobalou

mises wrote:bobalou - I just got my campy ultra chains from Colo Cyclist late last week so they had them then anyway.

Thanks .. I didn't check them. I've ordered mine. Not messing with anything else, I got a solid 4K miles from my last Record chain, no sense changing a good thing.