DT Swiss LF 07 hub dimensions (Specialized roval 240S) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Anders

by Anders

Just bought one of these to pair with a Reynolds Assault rim. Looks like it gets rid of the bad flange spacing of the 240S hub. Does anyone have the dimensions for this hub so that I can order the right spoke lengths?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iboc23

by iboc23

Hi!

I saw you found dimensions for this hub. How do you calculate your spokes finally?

Anders

by Anders

iboc23 wrote:Hi!

I saw you found dimensions for this hub. How do you calculate your spokes finally?

Here is an answer from another thread.

Now I can answer my own question, as I went by one of the local S dealers today who had a lot of the Roval wheels on display. I measured a pair of SL45 wheels and as the name indicates this rim is 45mm. On the rear DS i measured the spoke to 249mm from spoke end to the rim. The NDS was 264mm. The rim and nipples take up about 12mm and adjusting for the difference in rim height I decided on 260mm for the DS and 274mm for the NDS. I'll be sure to post the result, so the information is available to others.

iboc23

by iboc23

Thanks! .. just bought one LF07 from Chain Reaction, pretty cheap now.

Kind of hard to calculate when you don't have wheel build with the same... it's way easier if you have one!

I did the same with an Neutron hub, but having some tension problem because the original rim is asymetric.

Anders

by Anders

I actually did it with the DT calculator. NDS is easy as it'a straight pull. The DS you type in 2 cross and 32 spokes and ads a few milimeters due to the 2:1 lacing pattern. I got the same spoke length as I found measuring the Specialized wheel.

mani

by mani

I've just bought this hub too, but i can't disassemble it to put spokes into non-drive side. When i turn both flanges counter clockwise BY HAND it whirls, but flanges not move away from hub :(
All surfaces are round :) seems even no hex inside axes hole like in some Roval manuals

Anders

by Anders

You just have to pull the NDS endplug out.
Last edited by Anders on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

You need to know the fractional crossing required for a straight pull hub. You kind of have to guess. Straight pulls hubs are not easy to build with for this reason as it differs from hub to hub.

mani

by mani

Anders wrote:You just have to pull the NDS endplug out.

wow! it works :D great thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gilesg

by gilesg

Wow - great package!

I'm struggling but perhaps being retarded. The dimensions for the rear 'DT Swiss' LF07 are actually detailed somewhere? I'm hoping to build a rear with this hub but struggling to find any tech data - dimensions, disassembly / compatibility with genuine DT Swiss parts.

Any pointers? Ta