Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

paradawt

by paradawt

Do you ride it or it is just a project?
Berria Belador 7

Martin1977

by Martin1977

Really nice bike. I'm going to build something similar :-)
And just two questions: how are You satisfied with combination of Extralite stem and Schmolke bars? I had this combination on my old LOOK and it did not work for me. Connection wat not stiff enough.
And second one: how are You happy with KCNC Ti cassette? I'm thinking about Tiso or Recon full Ti cassette to save few gramms.

edit: and my comment on Powercordz. They are great in my experiences. I always used them with I-Link with Rock'n'Roll grease in liners and they always worked great. I have third set prepaired for upcoming build and I had them on my old LOOK and crashed Wilier. Always without any problems.

Martin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Hello Martin,

The Schmolke handlebar and Extralite stem have worked fine for me so far. I am 145 pounds so maybe that is why I do not notice any flex or lack of stiffness. The KCNC ti cassette works great. I feel it shifts as good as a sram cassette but not quite as good as a Dura Ace cassette.

Thanks for the tip on the Powercordz. I will try a different liner.

Luke
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

im going to take a guess at your favourite colour....

Purple? :noidea:

Black on black on black never gets old, two awesome bike!
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

I also used the Alligator mini I-links with PowerCordz shift cables on my 4.99Kg Guru Photon*. My rear brake cable is a PowerCordz with PowerCordz housing, but the front brake cable is a KCNC Ti rear cable with Bungarus housing. For full cable housing brake setups my calculations said that Bungarus and Ti cables was just slightly lighter than PowerCordz and PowerCord housing, and the Ti cables are a lot easier to use.

I did not like the AX brakes and have converted the front brake to a THM (Fibula?) which puts the naked bike** over 11 lbs but still under 5 Kg. I do not care much about rear brake performance.

*Guru Photon has clincher tires, triple crank, 11 rear sprockets, campy handlebar index shifting and HED aero bars with a 3rd front brake lever on the aero bars. If desired I can create a thread for that bike ...

**extras not included are bottle cage, cycle computer and saddle bag; the saddle bag and tools is something like 1.3 kg but will carry the lunch, shirt and underwear to work; yes this is a commuter bike. 20.3 mph average round trip for the 15.35 mile each way commute (sorry no metric conversion at this hour). Bottle cage was originally included but the M2Racer cage broke and I do not know the weight of the new cage, so I have to put it in the extras column for the moment.

Michael Wilson
Michael Wilson

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Nice bike you have. I may be blind but can not find the fork in the list?
The pedals you learn quite fast, just the first times when doing it wrong you unclick in to the bike but soon you do it right without any power and then it works nice.
Only thing is that the pedals do not last to long (my broke at around 1000km and to get in contact with the company seems not be that easy :( )

Norregard

by Norregard

Fuchspk wrote:Nice bike you have. I may be blind but can not find the fork in the list?
The pedals you learn quite fast, just the first times when doing it wrong you unclick in to the bike but soon you do it right without any power and then it works nice.
Only thing is that the pedals do not last to long (my broke at around 1000km and to get in contact with the company seems not be that easy :( )

The frame probably includes the fork. It should be a Ultralight Evo Full Carbon 1.5" fork if the BH website is to be believed.

tomvin90

by tomvin90

carhillclimb I would certainly like to see a thread on your guru!

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Norregard wrote:
Fuchspk wrote:Nice bike you have. I may be blind but can not find the fork in the list?

The frame probably includes the fork. It should be a Ultralight Evo Full Carbon 1.5" fork if the BH website is to be believed.

At the list the frame has 823g and at the Pictures the fork weighs 307g and the frame 823g.
so i do not think so that the fork is by the frame in the list as godzuki26 even wrote at page one how he had the frame on the scale.

edit: when counting the list together you just get somewhere to 41xxg - to come to the 44xxg weight he says the fork is a perfect fit...
Was no critic by me, just wondering how all the weights are.
To bad with this heavy fork and frame as the bike could come out really light otherwise. But off course the frame is the heart of the complete bike :)

sholiday

by sholiday

Since you are already using Tufos you can drop 87g if you go with Tufo 110g tubs. That will get you to 9.59lbs...almost sub 9.5.
Parlee Z3 4.94kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101920
Wilier Cento Uno SL 5.52kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101957

mihai

by mihai

WOW,
Dark Vader's bike.

Jesper64

by Jesper64

I'm building up a BH Ultralight at the moment. Thanks for letting us know that the Ultrabottom was a bit too loose. Saved me buying it and not working. I assume no problems with the Ultratop?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I thought I needed to save some more weight so I did a couple upgrades. The first upgrade I did was replace the Extralite stem with an MCFK stem. I saved 1 gram!!! Awesome!!! LOL!

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

1 gram savings was not enough for me. I did like how the matte black MCFK Stem in 3K weave matched with my matte black 3K weave Schmolke handlebar.

The next area where I can save some significant weight is to either get a new frameset (822 grams for the BH Ultralight in size small was very disappointing) or get a new uberlight wheelset. I was intrigued by the secret Chris Froome rim that he used in the 2013 Tour de France on Mont Ventoux. It turns out that he was using a Tune Skyliner rim. Correct me if I am wrong but Tune used to use Rims made by Xentis from Austria. I actually own a set of Tune Schwarzrennar wheels and there is a Xentis sticker on the rim. Now for 2014-2015 Tune uses a company called 77 Composites for their flagship Tune Skyliner wheelset. Anyways, I found this awesome wheel builder in Germany who sourced me a pair of 77 Composites Rims to build my Uberlight wheelset. I went with Extralite hubs because they are lighter than Tune. The specs are as follows:

Rim: 77 Composites Tubular
Hub: 2015 Extralite Cyberhubs
Spokes: Sapim CxRay Superspokes
Weight: 758 grams

Before with Lew Pro VT-1 my wheelset was 892 grams

After with my 77 Composites Extralite wheelset at 758 grams

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dman

by Dman

Wow just wow [emoji108]