Kcnc Titanium cables actual weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

foyale

by foyale

I think they will be mostly used for V brakes that generally have to use metal cord as synthetic can slip.

I do not have that experience, if the synthetic fiber is installed right it is not going anywhere. Or I wont be here to talk about it :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steff

by steff

Hello, whay is the feedback for thos titanium cables ? stiffness , durability ...

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The Ti cables work exactly the same as steel. I had a rear derailleur cable snap in shifter with about 7000K on it. Have original brake cables with almost 10,000K.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steff

by steff

NiFTY wrote:The Ti cables work exactly the same as steel. I had a rear derailleur cable snap in shifter with about 7000K on it. Have original brake cables with almost 10,000K.

ok thanks a lot :wink:

tantra

by tantra

I tried a set of KCNC Ti cables on my D/A-equipped Seven bike. The first thing I noticed was that I could easily pull the brake levers into the bar with the Ti cables while I could not do that with steel cables. Braking power was greatly diminished because of their stretchiness. This was true even when the pads were practically touching the rims. Shifting in the back was also degraded: slower shifts, hesitation, and failed shifts into the large cogs. The other problem is that tightening the pinch bolts crushes the Ti cables and breaks strands. They are definitely NOT reusable. Also, the broken strands can give you nasty cuts. Needless to say, I ripped those cables off and went back to steel cables. Oh well, $180 down the drain. Bottom line: lose weight somewhere else!

steff

by steff

OK so you confirm my opinion that titanium is fragile for cables
so same problem as powercordz !