Campagnolo 2015 TT barend shifters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimborello

by jimborello

Does anyone know if the current bar end shifters are compatible with the new 2015 11s front and rear derailleurs??? There is nothing in the Campagnolo 2015 catalogue about a redesign in the bar end shifters.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Campagnolo are coming out with new TT shifters for the new 2015 derailleurs. Campy says 2014 and older are not compatible because the cable pull ratio is different with 2015, but as always you could always try and see how it goes.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimborello

by jimborello

Thanks ferrarista, I dont get why they always take a lot longer to release the tt shifters after they release the new groupsets, they did the same last time and they had me waiting like 6 months.

jma6610

by jma6610

Hi,

After trashing my 2012 SR Rear Derailleur, I got a replacement 2015 from a local bike shop just today. After the purchase I noticed that the instructions specifically have a warning that the 2015 is not compatible with 2014 and older. I gave it a try anyway, since I'm on vacation and really wanted to ride tomorrow (with no others available in town). At first I was hopeful - it seems to shift okay in the middle of the cassette, but when you get to either end there are slight problems with hesitation and just not moving into the right cassette properly. If you adjust the cable, then the problem just moves to another set of cogs within the cassette. So it will work in an emergency, but I'm not happy with it for the long-term. This is with the standard road levers, but I'm sure the bar ends are the same.

I'm thinking of returning this and getting a pre-2014 model on-line, but I also know that campy generally has parts that can convert their levers from one configuration to another. I've done this years ago by converting a 10 speed back to a 9 speed for a special application. It was difficult, but do-able. I don't remember which on-line shop sold me the parts, however. Does anyone know whether this is still possible with the current (2012 version) levers and where a good place for parts and instructions might be?

By the way, the 2015 version does seem to be a nice, but subtle improvement and I can imagine that it does shirt just slightly better when paired with the right levers.