Dengfu fm029 ISP Updated Page 1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

brearley

by brearley

After swapping to Ritchey seat clamp this is how it stands, the seatpost needs cleaning up as some sanding was required to get it to fit, I will put a small amount of clear on. the clamp actually cracked slightly in fitting it however due to where the crack is, when the clamp is tightened the crack closes so shouldn't be an issue.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

why did you paint the fork white?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brearley

by brearley

the whole stealth theme bored me a bit tbh, the white gives it a bit of character to stand out more.

Nomakoman

by Nomakoman

get some white tape on mate!

brearley

by brearley

In case anybody was wondering the bike weighs 14lb almost exactly in the first picture.
going to put some deda perforated cork tape on for the coming weekend in white to see if I like the look or prefer black, that should bring the weight down again slightly. Seatpost bolt needs to be changed to ti then i'm beginning to struggle. long term I'm looking at carbon bars and I may change the saddle to a flite carbon. Next big spend should be on a power meter. Punctured the rear hed stinger yesterday after 60 miles of a road race so a new tub is needed.

Now working on getting the fat lad on board down to weight.

jooo

by jooo

It limits your PM choices somewhat and it isn't exactly a super cheap upgrade, but the new style RED crankset would save some weight. The Woodman IT is one of the best $/gram units amongst the ISP toppers, they can just be difficult to find.

A good solid $/gram build though - as you've mentioned, getting lower can become a 'struggle' without some kind of tradeoff - $$$ and/or usability/durability (something that currently appears well balanced).

brearley

by brearley

small update, changed the bar tape to white and added some decals to liven it up a bit.
The interceptor bit comes from the fighter planes. There are also decals on the inside of the forks which you can't see from this angle. Image

CaptainP

by CaptainP

This just gets better and better. :thumbup:

brearley

by brearley

Thanks,

After the recent update to Quarq selling without rings I'm thinking the quarq riken bb30 power meter may be next on the horizon but I'd also love a pair of zipp 808s for this.
Unfortunately the bottle cage rivnuts are loosening which is a PITA.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Love the long and low fit with classic bars

brearley

by brearley

set it up for a few hillclimbs, only ridden 2 so far on it though, 1st one I blew a gasket and finished 20th out of 70 and for some reason the 23 sprocket has been playing up the past few times only when out of the saddle
5.5kgish at this point, only done some quick calculations so may be slightly more.
I do have some tubs to make it 100g lighter but they're indoor track tubs.

Marin

by Marin

That's pretty radical.