pace rc30

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vingsendt

by vingsendt

I may have the opportunity to buy a second hand pace rc30 stiff fork. On the internet I can only find information about the new rc31, but almost nothing about the previous model. Only that it should be a very good and stiff fork.

Does anyone have any experience with this fork or have any information on weight, material, reviews,...?
The new rc31 has a bit of travel, about 2cm, does the older rc30 also have some travel or not?
Also, how much would you spend second hand on this fork?
What about Steinbach stiff forks, any experience?

Thank you for all you information

nikh

by nikh

I have the RC-31 and its a beauty not sure about the RC-30 though.

Other options you could try for rigid forks are:

www.aerolite.ca

www.spicercyles.com

or on ebay right now is a Morati ti fork.

Not much help on your questions, sorry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polaris

by polaris

I'm afraid the RC31 doesn't have 20mm travel. :(

If you look at the PACE website, what it is saying is that the length (419mm) is the equivalent of a 65mm suspension fork (their new 439mm holloform RC38 race) set up with 20mm of sag.

It does have 'micro-suspension', but this just means the carbon fibre soaks up trail vibration like a carbon bar.

Unsurprisingly, the RC30 didn't have any travel either, just straight blade legs. The crown was the same as the equivalent RC35 and the legs are even interchangeable.

On a more positive note, they are good looking lightweight forks that will stand up to some abuse (I still ride my 1994 RC35s).

Not sure what you should pay for them, but let me know if you don't buy them - I might! :?
.....but it still has to work!

vingsendt

by vingsendt

but let me know if you don't buy them - I might! :?[/quote]

It's a 1" steerer and he has sprayed it black, but here's the ad on ebay. I think it would cost me to much to change the steerer. Also my bike is silver, so I would like to keep it a silver bullet.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 32507&rd=1

Sorry I posted this so late, but I was away for a few days.
Thanks for the reaction.

V