Project UCI who? 2011 S-Works Shiv build.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:That is a very sexy build. I still think it screams a set of Fibre-Lyte custom full aero rings but short of that (you now me), I think this is a dead sexy build. I would love to get a pair of those S-Works cranks for my SLC build and then get custom aero rings for them.

Thank you sir, and the chainrings are temporary. I am probably going to go with Sram TT rings, just because they are relatively inexpensive, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. These FSA ones aren't the best when it comes to shifting, and they are heavy. I would really like full aero Fibre-Lytes, and I might go that route. I just don't want to spend that much money on chainrings.

I have bike building ADD lately. I've been working on this, and my Allez, getting them where I want them. My S2 had a few changes over the winter as well. I need to update the S2 thread soon, and start one on the Allez. I rode the Allez 50miles yesterday, and I was thoroughly impressed by it. I couldn't believe an aluminum bike would ride that well. It wasn't harsh at all, but still felt faster, snappier, and more responsive than my Trek 5200 it replaced.

As for the S works cranks for your SLC. I am told that you can run the mountain version with Lightning/Rotor 3D+/Vuma Quad BB cups. The road version is made to only work with BB30/OSBB width frames. I like the Specialized cranks design a little better than the Lightnings on my S2. Since they are made for a narrower BB shell, there is a bit more ankle clearance on the crank arms. Other than that they are very similar, and the Specialized units are much cheaper. I have not weighed them, believe it or not, but I hear they are a little heavier than the Lightnings.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

dang this thing turned out good! sick

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

The nose cone shiv is my favorite TT bike and yours looks HOT!!! It's your old P3 that made me get my P3SL, you're a bad influence on my wallet as now I want a Shiv!!!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thank you gentlemen. AZR3, I'm glad I inspired you. My P3 was my introduction to TT bikes. Those things are like a gateway drug. lol. If you want me to inspire you a budget minded cycling purchase, those new Smartweld Allez, well I can't say enough how much I like mine. I have some purchases in the works for it, that should set it apart, and necessitate a new build thread.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Once this thing actually hits the road. I think I am going to need one of these Alden-Designs Garmin mounts.
http://alden-designs.com/uploads/3/0/7/ ... 1_orig.jpg
It's a problem with the nosecone Shiv. I was hoping the Zipp TT mount would work, but it is too long for the spacing of the Shiv aerobars, and it looked stupid. So I'm going to have to spend more money.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I finally got around to weighing this thing. I had some crappy FSA 56/44t rings and they weighed a ton. I replaced them with a SRAM Red TT 54t, and a Shimano Biopace 42t, just because I had it laying around. I also swapped out the Sitero for a lighter Selle Italia Flite Carbonio. All together including the Garmin mount, and bottle cage, as pictured here it was 7450g(16.42lbs. I'm pretty happy with that. Some Ti pedal spindles, and if I replaced all the handlebar hardware with Ti, I think I could drop it into the under 7000g perhaps.

Getter

by Getter

Very nice Prof. An 808 or a 1080 in the rear would be the icing on the cake.

BmanX

by BmanX

BUTT isn't the Sitero a better option in the END. Yes all puns intended.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

An 808 wheelset, and a disc are both on my wishlist as well as a Quarq spider for this bike. All of which will make it heavier, but hopefully faster in it's intended usage.

The Sitero is a great saddle, but a friend is trying it out, and threw this one on just because I like my bikes being all together in case I want to ride any of them. I am really contemplating a Dash seatpost combo for this bike, but it's so silly expensive it's hard to justify. I have been playing with the Sitero's position a lot I had to tilt it down a bit from my inital install. It was not working out as I had it set previously.

BmanX

by BmanX

I had to play with it as well but it felt great at my last race.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Under the knife again. I became aware that there is a Specialized service part available to utilized aftermarket 22.2mm aerobar extensions. So I acquired a pair of Zipp Vuka Shift Race extensions, I am fitting. I think it will be much more comfortable than the chicane bends that were on the bike, and the added adjust-ability is much appreciated. I'm hoping with going to the Vuka Shift Extensions it might even drop a few grams.

BmanX

by BmanX

Can't wait to see the update. I am in the process of building up a Cervelo P2C with full TriRig front end (ok not the extensions) but aerobars, stem and brake. I hope to have it as light and aero as possible. It is hard keeping up with the Choas! lol.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Such a slick ride! Is it functional w/out the nosecone? I've been hunting around and the 2011 and before versions have been found but only w/ the nosecone which I'd have to take off for me events.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Ok, so I goofed. The Vuka Shift extension I got were designed for SRAM R2C, and won't work with my TT900 shifters. So I had to order some R2C's to go along with them, and I'll be getting rid of the TT900's. I can't wait to get this all together. I am 199% confident it will be faster, and more comfortable. BMANX, want some TT900's for your P2C?

As for the nosecone question. The nosecone houses the front brake. So you can't really run w/o it. It is also the stem, so if you want to use the proprietary aerobars you need it. You could potentially change to a different stem, and aerobars, but you would still have to do something about the lack of provisions to mount a front brake. I am sure someone would modify it to accept a brake, like Berk perhaps. You might as well just buy the UCI legal version though if you are going to all that trouble. Do you have to abide by UCI rules? I know here in the USA bike rules aren't really enforced except in the national championships and UCI sanctioned events. The frame itself is actually different from the UCI legal version as well. The area on the downtube just behind the fork is different, and the UCI legal version has a different seatpost, with a shim.

BmanX

by BmanX

Shot me over a PM with pricing and I might take you up on your offer.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com