Oakley Eyeshade - Anyone wear them!?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MikeyT

by MikeyT

HillRPete wrote:Oh I didn't mean that bit about the period correct helmet seriously.

Those helmets look like more than just a fashion risk!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rush

by Rush

I'm still wearing my Oakley M-Frames from 1994. Still have the original lens, the frame has been replaced twice under warranty.

Geoff

by Geoff

We knew them as 'Factory Pilot'...

Getter

by Getter

HillRPete wrote:(Lusting after some vintage Razorblades myself, they were way out of reach as a kid)

I had a pair of those when they first came out in the early 90's. My parents could not believe how much a pair of plastic glasses cost.

toshi

by toshi

Is the nosepiece on the eyeshade removable? Can you swap it out for a thicker one, like off an Oakley Radar?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

toshi wrote:Is the nosepiece on the eyeshade removable? Can you swap it out for a thicker one, like off an Oakley Radar?

yup replaceable just like others. I needed the 'bigger' nose piece. because my face is all asian and flat and stuff...

toshi

by toshi

Nice! Thanks Nate. :beerchug:

mrgray

by mrgray

i'be bought a pair because they look like the boss. i got the tour de france version because it is awesome. however upon receiving them i haven't been able to date "bring" that look to the street. it is pretty full on. one might look as if one were taking oneself quite seriously and given i'm a recreational rider there is a jarring juxtaposition between the eye wear and the performance. i'm a timid sort of fellow though. maybe i have a small face but they seem to take up more than half of it.

i'll get used to them though and i think they will be comfortable as they are light and have a great big lens area.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

HillRPete wrote:At least use a period correct helmet.

Hey, they still make those!

Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC