castelli vs etxeondo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

hi, I want a new bibs, high quality, I dont know the castelli free aero race and the exteondo feather, which one is the best according to you??

and I wear large in sugoi, garneau, santini.. do you think the sizing is about the same?

thanks
Ninja

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I've never tried etxeondo but I have 5 pairs of various Castelli bibs and love them all including the free aeros. As for sizing, check out their sizing chart: http://castelli-cycling.com/img/sizecha ... =680748832

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

On castelli for two years now and couldn't be happier.
Just ride ..

pmclamb

by pmclamb

No experience with exteondo, but I also have multiple Castelli garments, and they are all fantastic. Two Free Aero Race bibs, one Sanremo 3.0 speedsuit, and two jerseys (free aero 5.0 and climber's jersey).
My favorite is the Sanremo, just because I like the simplicity and seamless design of having the jersey and shorts attached.
In most non-european cycling clothing I would wear a medium, but I am the most comfortable in a large in Castelli. Have mediums in the Free Aero bibs, they are useable, just a little tightish on my testiculars.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Castelli sizing - if you are a large in Sugoi the probably XL in Castelli.

A word of caution about the Castelli Free Aero Race - the chamois is more forward and up the front than other manufacturers and indeed other Castelli models (the Castelli Endurance model comes to mind). It feels a bit as if the "meat" of the pad is forward of my sit bones. I have an average build and Castelli Free Aero Race is the only bibshort with which I have experienced this misplaced pad.

This also means that your junk is wrapped up in a fair bit more thick chamois material than is typical. Sometimes I end up with the material bridging across from my upper thigh to my business and leaving a gap instead of hugging the contours of my groin area. The net result is I have had to send more that a few rescue missions to my taint to recover my scrotum and its contents.

Haven't used Exteondo but my wife swears by the women's models.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

russianbear

by russianbear

What, no assos in the mix for bibs?

LasseJohansen

by LasseJohansen

I used to ride, Castelli but got tired of the winter pants - the ankelzip would constantly open it self. The straps were also bad on my bibshorts, they would curl up and cut in to my shoulder. Especially when riding on my tri-bike.

Cannot say enough good things about Etxeondo!

Super quality, light compression, really good bibs and excellent seatpad. It is like they just 'disapear' when riding.

Etxeondo also makes a great windwest, which has a windproof front and a mesh back with 3 pockets. Really useful here in my windy part of Denmark.

Sizing is pretty much the same between Etxeondo and Castelli (medium fits med in both)

Hopes this helps.

kgt

by kgt

I used to wear some etxeondo clothes. Nothing special but their shorts were at least as good as Castelli.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Having ridden both, I'd say higher end castelli is a better value than higher end etxeondo. That's with all other things equal.
Speedplay is the devil!

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

ok great , thanks everybody. finaly i've had a deal on assos T fi 13 S5.. so i go with that..
Ninja

bontie

by bontie

In my experience the quality is similar, but more likely than not the Etxeondo will outlast Castelli

Bondurant

by Bondurant

I have three pairs of Free Aero and three pairs of Orhi. The latter suit me better and appear to be more robustly put together. Excellent bibs. If I were to buy another pair of shorts tomorrow, it would be the Orhi. I am medium in Orhi and large in Free Aero.

fifarafa

by fifarafa

Hi all,

I'd like to buy new bibs and I wonder about Castelli bodypaint (another bibs:)) and Etxeondo Feather. Maybe rapha proteam.
What do you think WHICH?:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kman

by kman

I tried some Castelli Y2K Progetto bib knicks a few years ago. Cost me a fortune and were pretty crap knicks to be honest. Cut was acceptable but small, chamois was not very comfortable. They got worn twice, sat in my drawer for a couple of years and I sold them for peanuts on fleabay. Safe to say, I will never bother with Castelli again. My current fav knicks are made by Campagnolo.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa