Pinarello F8 or Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tricky76

by Tricky76

Hello all, newbie here, thanks for having me. I am a 2x owner of Pinarello's. My latest is Dogma2 with Ui2. Mavic Carbon Ultimates. 16lbs on the dot. I was hit by a truck. Insurance $$ will allow me to buy anything I want.

I have friends that say the new Scott Addict SL is awesome, way lighter than a Pina...and cheaper.

I love my custom painted (MyWay) Pinarello...and its smooth riding. But at 16lbs, and almost 6000 for frame and fork, thats a lot.

I would love to hear opinions...that's why I registered...thanks all!

:up:

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

The Scott is imho one of the best choices to build up a seriously light bike. Definitely one of the current top framesets.
Pina: Love the paint, love the looks, but way too heavy for the pricetag. Regarding the ride quality, quite few people will have real life experience with the F8.

I'd pick the Scott.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

How did you like your Dogma ? If you liked it go for the F8 (same geometry, etc..). The F8 is lighter than the Dogma2 btw but weight is not everything, ride quality matters.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

I loved the Dogma2. Very comfortable. And pretty too! I don't know...there is something to be said for an eye catching ride...and the Scott is anything but eye catching. It seems too, that the Scott Addict SL frame and fork is coming in at $3600...so $2000 cheaper than F8. I could buy SRM (almost?) for that price difference.
My main concern I think, and rightfully so, is ride comfort. I heard that the former Addict was pretty uncomfortable. But Sctt says they addressed this with new Addict. Second concern would be weight...and the F8 is lighter...how much lighter is the question...

Thank you all for your thoughts, please keep them coming!

LionelB

by LionelB

Pina claims 120g lighter compared to the Dogma2 but who knows.... I could not weight my frame alone as my F8 came as a complete bike. Insurance pays for it so why are you worried about the $ gap ? Or are they just giving you a fix $ amount and you spend it the way you want.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

Fixed amount...spend it how i want....14K.

LionelB

by LionelB

OK, it's always good to contemplate a new bike purchase with $14K in hands :D

Permon

by Permon

LionelB wrote:Pina claims 120g lighter compared to the Dogma2 but who knows.... I could not weight my frame alone as my F8 came as a complete bike. Insurance pays for it so why are you worried about the $ gap ? Or are they just giving you a fix $ amount and you spend it the way you want.

Pinarello says -120grams comparring to Dogma 65.1. (we are talking about frameset weight....fork is much lighter on the F8, frame itself is only like 70grams lighter)
As far as I know, the Dogma 65.1 was lighter by -50grams from Dogma 2.
Well, the F8 could be like -170grams ligher than your current PINA.
That is a significant difference.

Anyway, it is not a weightwennie bike and never will be. Good bless Pinarello for that!!!

I have not ridden Addict, so I cannot comment on its handling.....what I know is that my Dogma 65.1 handles like no other bike I had (Cervelos, Wiliers, Lappieres....)
It feels so solid and bombproof.....riding downhills on this bike is just a dream. And I can tell You that from the moment I have Dogma I am always the first one from our bunch down there under hill. The bike gives me such a confidence.
My experience.
Hard to say, if Addict is so good.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

pinarello for sure. you already know the ride quality of the pina and you will not be disappointed. also, you will rarely see a pinarello F8, let alone a pinarello. scotts are more frequently seen.

Permon

by Permon

And one more comment from me.
Why do You want a light bike?

My personal experince:
My previous bike was Cervelo R5VWD....one of the lightest production frame....actually -400grams lighter than my Dogma.
Yeah, I can see the difference on the scale. Do I feel the weight penalty during uphill efforts?
NO, I DO NOT.

The bike feels nimble.....just because of the light wheelset (BORA 35)
Weight of the wheelset matters, not a frame weight.
Bear this in mind....there is no reason to chase for grams in frame.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Wow you're still spouting this nonsense! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your username show up again.

As far as time goes, it doesn't matter if you lose weight in wheels or frame or anywhere else.

Do you like to keep track of your performance or use Strava?

Tricky76

by Tricky76

no need to quote above

Yes. I use strava. I am in weekly group rides. Sometimes i make the break, sometimes i dont. i also race. ive lost 20 lbs in the last 4 months. i can stand to lose another 10 (im 5'10" 158lbs today) and still be a healthy weight.

i was told scott addict would up my game an entire notch. thats why im going back and forth now.

thanks

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

$14K?! Glad you're OK.

I'll be the first to say Addict SL between these two, but what about a custom Crumpton or Parlee? Ride your MTB or get something cheap while you wait for delivery.

If I were in your shoes, I'd prioritze the following: Di2, power meter and AX low profile clinchers. Depending upon how much $$$ was leftover would determine Addict SL or custom.

clarkson

by clarkson

Why not try riding both bikes? Any shop in which you are planning on making such a big purchase should bend over backward to arrange a test for you. The fit of the Scott may not be what you're looking for at all, and with such a price tag I couldn't imagine not trying before buying.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

Johnny Rad wrote:$14K?! Glad you're OK.

I'll be the first to say Addict SL between these two, but what about a custom Crumpton or Parlee? Ride your MTB or get something cheap while you wait for delivery.

If I were in your shoes, I'd prioritze the following: Di2, power meter and AX low profile clinchers. Depending upon how much $$$ was leftover would determine Addict SL or custom.

Thanks, Im okay...nothing broken...lots of bruises that i still have two months later though. no surprise here, the guy wasnt issued a summons either. whatev.

im def going di2, i dont train with power now...but if i want to take it to the next level, power would be how to achieve that, i assume. i will look into the AX wheels, thanks.

and to sizing...hmmm, i do now remember that Scott frames simply come in S-M-L-XL...sorta weird...pina's have 12 different size options.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com