Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
superdx

by superdx

2nd puncture, this time on the rear tire. And yet another fix with NoTube's sealant. Given how much I spent on these Schwables, probably going to keep them for awhile, but with 1 puncture a week is a bit ridiculous...

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

I flatted on my two week old One clincher this weekend after being flat-free for ~5K miles on ZXs. I'm willing to chalk it up to bad luck, but...

And on a similar note, someone earlier in this thread stated One tires made their bike ride like it had suspension. I'll 2nd that: they're very supple and pleasant.

>>>>>> EDIT <<<<<<

My bad. I was remembering my ZX's with rose colored glasses. As I recall now, I did flat a relatively new ZX earlier this season. While they have been very good overall, they weren't perfect. If you're scoring from home, it's 1-1 for the ZX vs One on flats.

>>>>>> ANOTHER EDIT <<<<<<

Got another flat with my 23c ONE clincher. That makes two now inside of 6 weeks. I'm increasingly biased to believing the ONE has less puncture resistance than their ZX. While I'm getting to like the softer ride with the ONE, you'd be mistaken to think I won't go back to ZX if this keeps up.
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

On my third set and not a flat yet, this time I did the 25's and they feel better than the 23's
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

stl516

by stl516

Tubeless version: How long does air hold? Overnight? Or longer?

rmerka

by rmerka

My tubeless One's may lose about 5 psi in 24 hours. They held air just fine before I put sealant in them as well.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

I have been riding some of the new Mavic R-SYS 2014 for 2 weeks, went back to my custom builds with tubeless Schwalbe ones and they were still at 80 psi after 2 weeks with no use.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

Dingleberry

by Dingleberry

I'm usually a big fan of Schwalbes, at least on my MTB, but not massively impressed with my 23mm tubeless Ones... Had 4 or 5 punctures, which do seal, but not until quite a bit of air's escaped - big difference compared to MTB tubeless, where you don't even notice a puncture - though this is probably more to do with the higher presure rather than Ones in particular. Done about 1000 miles, and the front's wearing alright, but rear seems to be squaring off...

On the upside, nice and fast and grippy!

Would have considered 25mm Ones next, but they seem to be almost non-existant, so have got some 25mm Bontrager R3s lined up to try!

Svetty

by Svetty

R3s are fine in the dry but lose traction quickly when the road gets damp......

Miller

by Miller

After a long wait Starbike finally received stock of 25mm One tubeless and were able to fulfil my order.

Dingleberry

by Dingleberry

Svetty wrote:R3s are fine in the dry but lose traction quickly when the road gets damp......

I'm a fair weather roadie so that's fine. :D

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Favorite tire to date. I've ridden a lot of tires (see below), and given my preferences in tires, it's the best all around tire. I race quite a bit and log a decent amount of kilometers a year, 16-20000km (10-12000 miles). I generally prefer to train with what I race with, and ride quality is important given the hours spent on the bike (and life is too short for sh*tty tires). So I prioritize tires as such: grip, suppleness, puncture resistance, weight, then longevity. Best grip. Suppleness better than 4000s, similar to Pro4, only second to Corsa. Puncture resistance only second to 4000s. Weight is comparable to most competitor's race tires. Longevity only second to 4000s. 4000s was my favorite tire to date but the corning performance (mixture of grip and suppleness) and ride quality outweighs the additional puncture resistance and longevity. The ONE isn't too far off in the latter two characteristics mentioned by the way.

The ONE Tubeless is head and shoulders above any Hutchinson Tubeless I've ridden. Better in every category but weight. Longevity is unknown since I've never been happy enough to use a Hutchinson through its complete life or I've experienced failures prior to reaching it. ONE Tubeless is the most supple ride I've experienced over any clincher/tube combination and tubular tire.

Tires I've ridden:
Continental 4000s, Attack/Force, GatorSkin, 4Season, Grand Prix, Competition (Tubular), Sprinter (Tubular).
Hutchinson Atom (Tubeless), Fusion3 (Tubeless)
Mavic Yksion Pro, Yksion CXR (Tubular)
Michelin Pro3
Schwalbe ONE, ONE (Tubular), ONE (Tubeless).
Vittoria Open Corsa CX, Corsa CX (Tubular).
Zipp Tangente, Tangente (Tubular).

amey

by amey

My Schwalbe One 25c clinchers got delievered yesterday; weigh as claimed:

Just commuted to work this morning and could feel massive difference between 23c Ultremo DD and 25c One due to the added width.

They were fairly easy to fit on Kinlin XR200 rims; mudguard adjustment on the other hand was total PITA

Will post a long term review (and pic of the bike) once I ride them enough.

superdx

by superdx

The puncture in the rear tire that was previously sealed by Stans opened up at the beginning of a night ride yesterday, but additional sealant took care of it. But checking the hole, it seemed to have grown a bit bigger. Plus a lot of the tread was worn off from some serious braking which lead to wheels locking. I'm also fairly certain that I got a 3rd puncture, but sealant found that too. I gave up this morning and got the bike shop to swap the tire for the last spare I had.

I think it's time I give another brand a go. They're very cut up and lots of debris gets stuck in the treads. The ride is wonderful, they are very fast and it's supremely comfortable. They don't wear so well though according to my experiences, and I've gotten damn good at pouring sealant into my tubes + working a hand pump!

boots2000

by boots2000

I found the Bontrager R3 to be s**t.
Tires burp and puncture easily.

Dingleberry wrote:I'm usually a big fan of Schwalbes, at least on my MTB, but not massively impressed with my 23mm tubeless Ones... Had 4 or 5 punctures, which do seal, but not until quite a bit of air's escaped - big difference compared to MTB tubeless, where you don't even notice a puncture - though this is probably more to do with the higher presure rather than Ones in particular. Done about 1000 miles, and the front's wearing alright, but rear seems to be squaring off...

On the upside, nice and fast and grippy!

Would have considered 25mm Ones next, but they seem to be almost non-existant, so have got some 25mm Bontrager R3s lined up to try!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I have about 500 miles on 23 Schwalbe ones, and although I like the tire, the 23 is NARROW IMO on DA tubeless wheels. My tires seem to lose 20PSI over night, which isn't a big deal .. They are supple and roll well. No punctures yet, knock on wood.