Dugast-Michelin tubular question

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Does Dugast stamp the word "Dugast" on the casings of tubulars with another manufacturers tread pattern on them?

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

is casing the "sidewall" of the tubular? if so, then yes. as far as i know, the tubulars are produced without thread, then the thread is glued on. so if they make a 32 mm tubular, it is not sure what thread there will be on, and because of that dugast is written on every tubular. the only exception is hanka kupfernagel, on her dugasts it is written continental.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boogie

by Boogie

I road on a dutch forum that Dugast isn't so good as everybody thinks. The new Tufo's are better said a guy. what do you think?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Yes, I meant sidewall/casing. The reason why is that all the pics I have seen of Dugasts, "Dugast" is clearly wirtten on the side. So on a US road/CX forum I found someone who was selling a pair of Dugasts cheap, but they are the michelin mud tread. They told me that when I see them, they are obviously Dugasts, but it doesn't say dugast on the tubular. Michelin doesn't make tubs, so it pretty much has to be a dugast correct?

bikenerd

by bikenerd

Dugast will put any tread you send them on their casings for an extra charge and wait. I've read of lots of elite level crossers using them.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

yes, I know, but what do they look like is the question.

bikerb

by bikerb

Like this, with the green tread.

Or the wheel on the right on the attached image. http://chrismilliman.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/dugasts.jpg
Attachments
http://chrismilliman.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/dugasts.jpg
http://chrismilliman.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/dugasts.jpg

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Cool, thank you very much.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

until now i've never seen unlabeled dugasts. but fidea is sponsored by challenge tubulars, and they(at least wellens) have dugast rhino for muddy conditions. i have to check once if these rhinos have the dugast sign. i don't know any other brand that would glue threads on tubs, so it will be a dugast, i think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

the challenge tubulars should have 270 tpi
tufo "only" 210 tpi
how do dugast have?
has anyone experience with challenge ?
they are much heavier than tufo ( 130 Gramms !)
thanks elmar