Litespeed Siena: My WW Ti Build - France Ride Report on Pg 4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

amey

by amey

kudos! Is this as light as you can go with a Ti bike !?

RyanH

by RyanH

No, there's a lot of room even with my frame if I started replacing pieces with super ww parts (cost per replacement gram would be through the roof though). Off the top of my head: - 50g for ax stem, - 30g for ax or schmolke bars, - 70g for ax seatpost, - 188g for clavicula Crankset (no power meter), - 25g tune rear derailleur, - 280g for ax24 wheels (over my new mv32), - 50g for veloflex extremes.

So,i should be down to 6.05kg soon, but with the above, I could get down to almost 5.3kg (11.6lbs). That's all with a porky 1300g English threaded frame. A moots rsl with pf30 bb or Litespeed archon could probably get the weight into the low 11 range or even sub 11.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vtspot

by vtspot

Wow, to get to the sub-6kg bike, it is real expensive. Nice build! :)

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Your bike looks great in person :thumbup: :beerchug:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Which brakes are you using? KCNC C7?

Yossarian

by Yossarian

I love what you've done with this! I'm trying something similar with a Tuscany, but it's nowhere near as good as yours yet.

I need quite a bit of saddle setback, so am going to go with a Kent Eriksen post.

Great work anyway!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Love those metal-frame based WW projects. Very subtle and stylish. Top marks.
Got a few plans to put my Ti on a diet too, slowly over time, this is the healthy approach they say.

RyanH

by RyanH

Thanks guys, it's been a long, piece by piece build process with this bike. I got the Reynolds Thirty Two's with a pair of Veloflex Carbons and it's a huge improvement in comfort over the DV46's. The veloflex's weigh the same as the Sprinters (wtf?) so I dropped 228 grams with the new wheels and new SRAM cassette. When I'm due to recable, I'll pick up the new SRAM shifters, swap the chainrings and put the Ti spindles in.

@drainyoo: they're THM Fibulas. I love them. Compared to the Ciamillo Gravitas SL's, they are night and day different. I replaced the SL's with SRAM Red's for a bit, and the THM's seem to be on par with the Reds.

@tonytourist: that was cool running into a fellow WW, too bad I was dying that day.

Currently, bike is 6,214g with the Ti spindled pedals and Reynolds 32's.
Last edited by RyanH on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I hear you on not being at 100%, I had some heavy legs too :oops:
Nichols was a fun ride, maybe I'll see you there soon :thumbup:

RyanH

by RyanH

Ride Report: Versaille, FR and Nice, FR

As my one year wedding anniversary approaches this weekend, I was reflecting back on our wedding trip last year to Versailles (where we got married) and our honeymoon to Nice. I am fortunate enough that my wife's morning routine of running/getting ready takes her until noon, so I was able bring my bike along and do a handful of epic rides.

I'll break this up in two parts: Versailles and Nice.

Versailles

We stayed at the Trianon Palace of Versailles, which was next door to the Palace of Versailles. These are the gates, and about as far as you can go this way on bike:

Roads were a lot narrower than I was used to:

Bridges in the forrest:

A local chateau:

This was my stomping group for the few days I was there, absolutely beautiful place to ride with lots of small climbs/hills:

Found my way into the Palace:

Obligatory bike selfy in front of the palace:

Ahhhhh, cobbles! The real thing!:

In a morning's work:

Road with a few locals through the forrest, very pleasant group, not a word of English among them :-)

Overall, cycling in Versailles was awesome. Being from Southern California, our secenery is usually desert shrub and plastic of various sorts. Over there, with the forest a few kilometers away, you have a great place to cycle littered with history.

I didn't venture towards Paris, but I did make it through a more metropolitan area of Versailles and I think I road on a highway. These are some of the challenges you may run into ;-). Regardless, being based out of Versailles for a few days was a perfect place to ride. Traffic was mild and scenery was gorgeous.

kgt

by kgt

Really classy bike... and place!