Tillquist's kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VeloBiker

by VeloBiker

Tillquist wrote:
VeloBiker wrote:Hi Tillquist,
do you have an Integrated mount-XL -new in stock?
The page shows no option.

Thanks!

Only in silver aluminum finish

That would be nice, please.

On which way I am able to order it ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Any plans on one for an Extralite Roadstem OC mount? I'm really wanting to purchase one of these stems but the only thing stopping me is the lack of a Tilquist mount for it!
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

lostgt

by lostgt

Dear Tillquist, Firstly I'd like to commend you on a beautiful product.

Please my I enquire if you will make a mount for the Look 695 C-Stem? If I'm not wrong the bolts are 30mm apart, whereas the closest you have in production is 28mm. Appreciate any inputs you might have for me.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Work of art! Thanks Tillquist.

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

ms6073

by ms6073

lostgt wrote:Appreciate any inputs you might have for me.
I visited his online store yesterday and believe he is away on holiday until tomorrow.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

splat

by splat

Tillquist wrote:
DuncanS wrote:A question for Tillquist: the new mount is *really* stiff to quarter turn. It makes me nervous, having previously broken tabs on a 500. Is that intentional, or should I file something down?

It is rather difficult to produce mount for Garmin device.

The lock on the Garmin is not 100% the same from Edge to Edge device.

On Friday fit my son a Garmin Edge 200 and it goes even very tight in garmin own plastic mount.

Please could you tell us what to do so that our Garmin units fit into your mount? I am terrified of breaking the tabs on my Garmin.

I have your Mount24 with the white plastic insert and a year old Garmin Edge 500.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

splat wrote:
Tillquist wrote:
DuncanS wrote:A question for Tillquist: the new mount is *really* stiff to quarter turn. It makes me nervous, having previously broken tabs on a 500. Is that intentional, or should I file something down?

It is rather difficult to produce mount for Garmin device.

The lock on the Garmin is not 100% the same from Edge to Edge device.

On Friday fit my son a Garmin Edge 200 and it goes even very tight in garmin own plastic mount.

Please could you tell us what to do so that our Garmin units fit into your mount? I am terrified of breaking the tabs on my Garmin.

I have your Mount24 with the white plastic insert and a year old Garmin Edge 500.

No worries about stiff twist. Mine was the way too stiff for first month or so. Do not modify anything! The twist will be smooth over time. For time being just be careful and twist slow.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

drmutley

by drmutley

The tabs won't break by needing extra force to twist.... They break if u twist when pushing down or lifting up on the garmin instead of just purely rotating it.

rijndael

by rijndael

A dab of dry lube makes a big difference.

splat

by splat

rijndael wrote:A dab of dry lube makes a big difference.

A dab of lube worked well. :smartass:
Very happy with my Garmin mount now

JensW

by JensW

my is on the other way, a little bit to easy to twist out of the mount. can it be helped in some way?

DuncanS

by DuncanS

rijndael wrote:A dab of dry lube makes a big difference.

^ This.

Much nicer after a squirt of silicone lube and a couple of inserts/removes. Thanks rijndael!

spookyload

by spookyload

I actually have a mount for the Cinelli Ram style bar that I don't need anymore. I got it from Tillquist and loved it, but alas, no longer use that bar. It is the type that mounts with two bolts under the stem. Used on most bar/stem combos. PM me if interested.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Tillquist, I was wondering if you made a mount for the Edge 1000 that is compatible with the Giant Contact SLR stem? I don't see it on your website. In the case you were wondering which version of the stem, it's this one:

Tillquist

by Tillquist

MNX1024 wrote:Tillquist, I was wondering if you made a mount for the Edge 1000 that is compatible with the Giant Contact SLR stem? I don't see it on your website. In the case you were wondering which version of the stem, it's this one:

Whats the bolt c-c distance on the stem ?

See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com