"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

*disclaimer: I hate when people use their own experiences to relate to a Pro, so forgive me*

Due to circumstances, I changed from my Trinity to a Graal in the week leading in to this year's Australian titles. Got all my contact points the same, first race was the National champs. I was fine, as contact points were the same. Finished only 17 sec off a top 10.

You would 'think' a Pro would have access to guys who could do precisely the same. But who knows. That might be why he's changing teams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Or a workman could be blaming his tools

Rob81

by Rob81

OT or maybe not it's this year Giro uphill TT but...
pedalling backward!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byn3tFGs47Y

search for "magico tempe" for other crazy stuff (e.g. wheelie Zoncolan)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Thor's instagram on post stage transferring at 2100h.

"This tour of poland is stupid. Still in bus at 21"
http://instagram.com/thorhushovd

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

yeah, TdP organizers don't learn from their mistakes... it hurts my eyes to watch same old, same old each and every year. this race has such a potential (lots of great roads in the south of Poland and in Slovakia) but it suffers from poor tv coverage, too many boring stages, and a general mess amongst the officials. today they even couldn't count the GC times right...

the racing hours are pretty ridiculous too this year. first two stages i thought i was watching re-runs... in the Tatra mountains, 7pm this time of year can be getting dark, especially with the kind of weather we had today (clouds hanging low, rain etc). so everyone leaves shortly after the finish, and with the road infarstructure being far from great, all the cars and the race caravan driving around, no wonder they arrive this late at the hotel.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

euan wrote:Or a workman could be blaming his tools

Tinea Pedis wrote:So there's a component of 'blaming his tools', given his shocking Stage 20 TdF TT.

viewtopic.php?p=1085357#p1085357

pastronef

by pastronef

Barguil with Pearl Izumi shoes

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Official - Sagan to Saxo on a 3 year deal..

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff-saxo-signs-peter-sagan/
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

ichobi wrote:Not sure how much say they have because Bianchi seems to make a big deal about introducing the bike specifically on the TT stage. Molemma said he rode that bike for 10 minutes in total and cramp all the way to the finish, (explaining his 7 minutes deficit). I can't believe this kind of thing happen in WT. EVERYONE knows you don't ride completely new bike at the world biggest race without prior testing.

In an interview, Laurens ten Dam explained that he flew in his mechanic to adjust and dial in the new TT exactly like the previous one.
Ten Dam rode a fairly 'normal' TT and didn't complain about the bike. So I would rather give the responsibility to Mollema, who chose the new bike, didn't take enough care of contact points, and didn't change the bike during the race, but blamed the bike and late delivery afterwards.

ichobi

by ichobi

Nice to know, thanks.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

de zwarten: hmm, fair enough, but wouldn't it usually be the team's responsibility to sort out the setup? Seems weird one rider cared about it and got it done, while another apparently didn't take initiative himself, and things ended poorly. Are the teams so amateurish?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I've been told by someone close to the Belkin team Mollema was obliged by Bianchi to use the new TT frame...

plpete

by plpete

Very nice attack and win by Majka at TdP today moving him into the leaders jersey. Curious to see how he will do in the TT tomorrow and if he can hold onto the jersey.

Next year will definitely be interesting for Tinkoff Saxo. Look forward to Majka and Contador lighting things up in the mountains and Sagan doing his thing with the green jersey.

KWalker

by KWalker

Heard from a somewhat reliable source that UHC is trying to sign Farrar.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com