by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!
Yes, both parts are mcfk, but they really copy AX with their stem.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Jure,

what are your impressions of the MCFK stem? Quality, finish etc.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

The carbon work is good, the stem isn't clearcoated but only polished, unfortunately they didn't polish it that well on the area where the moulds meet, I made some photos and will upload them tomorrow and you will see what I mean. It's an interesting "hybrid" of AX and Ritchey

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi WW,
sorry for my long silence, but I was very busy in the past few weeks.

First of all here just one more combo, this time for Giant Propel:

I also started to use 1K beauty layer, here is a saddle with the 1K look:

Also some new tubing for some new frame projects, 2 of them also in 1K look and also some hybrid Innegra S / carbon fabric is used. I really have to say that the guys at Innegra Technologies LLC are great to work with. I also test some new material for them and it might also be used in some products in the future..

Some more parts for a fellow WW member:

And we are working on a new product already for months,...here just one photo from May, we made already some prototypes..
Should have some more news in a month or two, I'll keep you updated

Otherwise here just another product not related to cycling, hope you don't mind if I share it:

We were also contacted by a company that makes laboratory centrifuge, and already working on some prototypes. In the future we might even produce some parts for medicine use, have some more meetings in the second half of August,..

Otherwise I also redesigned some of the moulds for the bicycle saddle with carbon saddle rails and started to use also a different process. My aim is to reduce the working time for a saddle and then of course reduce also the price of the saddle alone. If everything goes like planned I'll reduce the work time for 1/3, but because the process the saddle will weight a bit more. At this moment the saddles are cca. 66g, and there is a lot of handmade work for a saddle.

For the second model I'll keep the same saddle shell shape, it will weight a bit more but it will be cheaper. I'll keep you updated, waiting for some test resoults and if everything goes like planned I'll offer them for sale in 2-3 weeks. Also the website is ready and will start with it once I sort also the second model. Of coure the ultralight 66g will be available also in the future (price 285eur shipped worldwide, for more informations you can write to info(a)berk-compoistes.com).

Otherwise here is one more custom saddle for a customer that wanted an SLR based saddle shape with cutout:

Thank you for your attention and I'll give my best to post more updates!

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure is that a proto-type wheel on the desk or just one that you are looking at to get ideas for your own design. Also I like the 6 spoke design on the computer.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

It's just a wheel rim, on that photo we didn't had yet any prototype finished. I will keep it as a secret for some more time, still a lot of work to do... We designed the moulds and now they have to be CNC machined and it might take some time, because unfortunately I don't have a CNC machine and most of the companies with who I work are on vacations,..anyway, I'll let you know once I have some more news!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I am getting rid of my Cervelo S2, and moving to a Specialized S-Works Venge. I think I may just need to have you build me another seatpost combo for it, once I figure out my fit coordinates.....

liketoride

by liketoride

Berk

I am sorry i have not put this out sooner but i have been really busy putting in miles. I just wanted to let everyone know that i bought three 150mm seats from Berk and not only did he hit my weight goal, they are the best seat i have ever been on. With my sworks seat before the longest ride i did was 4 hours and it was really uncomfortable at the end. This past weekend i did a 7.5 hour ride and it was great from start to finish. Berk you do great work and i love my stuff. I would like to know if i could buy the seat post anytime soon? Thanks for everything.

EvoUltimate

by EvoUltimate

Amazing work! That combo combo and saddle in 1k are simply insane. :o :thumbup:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

If money was no ojbect and I didn't have a baby on the way, I know where it would be going! Stunning work as always and that 1K weave on the saddle looks awesome!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all for the compliments!

@dereksmalls
Congratulations for the baby :thumbup:

@EvoUltimate
I'm glad you like it, 1K is my favourite, my new frame will also have that look

By the way, here just one photo of the frame jig I made, quite simple, but it's very usefull, also for different frame repairs where some parts are missing

@liketoride
I'm glad to hear that, thank you, and I wish you a lot of nice miles with them! It was really quite a challange to make a 150mm that light and I'm really glad you also like the shape of the saddle. It took quite a lot of time that I designed the shape that I wanted, and I'm really happy that also other riders like it.

Regarding the seatpost, I have a few prototypes but to be honest I'm facing with some small problems that I have to solve. I'll replace also the clamping hardware with carbon (!) will even reduce the weight and basicly I need to use carbon because the metal part isn't durable enough (with that design - some sections are very thin and ALU isn't the best).
Here just one photo where I had a visit from my great friend and former team-mate, some of you might know his projects from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123278 (Valant cables)
I could call it a spy shot :mrgreen: my friend made that photo with my camera and I noticed those photos today and I can show you one, I just explained him what I have to redesign..so I'm working on it and as soon as I'll be 100% happy with it I'll let you know. Based on the prototypes and tests that I made the seatpost for 27.2mm x 300mm should weight only around 75g, and I have to replace the ALU parts that I used with carbon... I hope that I manage to make it like I want and will for sure keep you updated

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure, I see a lot of money going your way shortly. LOL. I love the new post that you are working on (well what I can see) so I have a feeling that a few of my builds will have more of your amazing work on them.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

amey

by amey

Now I know what I will be saving for next couple of years ; )

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments! We will for sure give our best, there is still some more expensive equipment that we would like to have someday, so still a lot of work to do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com