2014 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Updated 03/01/16)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Hmm, just saw this on slowtwitch. Junction box at the saddle clamp area. Putting it in the downtube seems like such a pain in the ass and this seems much more doable.

mannymerc

by mannymerc

it looks great...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thencameyou

by thencameyou

Nice clean front end on that rig. Are the '14 CAAD10's electronic and mech compatible? (wish I'd known that if so...)

CaptainP

by CaptainP

thencameyou wrote:Nice clean front end on that rig. Are the '14 CAAD10's electronic and mech compatible? (wish I'd known that if so...)

They are.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

@dudemanppl

I like that idea, but I'm not sure how I would connect the E-Tube wires since I'm using a seatpost battery. That method seems to work with oversized (aero) posts, or external batteries
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

rheosibal

by rheosibal

thencameyou wrote:Nice clean front end on that rig. Are the '14 CAAD10's electronic and mech compatible? (wish I'd known that if so...)

Thank you. Yes they are. The builds usually come with 3 replaceable stops. 2 for the downtube, and one for the chainstay. You'd need to buy a rubber grommet for the FD (seat tube) as they don't provide any.

:beerchug:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

that bike is perfection!!!! the sexiest Caad10 I have seen to this day. Nicely done

kfreytag

by kfreytag

It seems like you went from an *extremely* short-reach bar to a bar with a reasonable reach and perhaps a longer stem. I imagine that changed your effective reach pretty significantly. Do you feel more stretched-out on the bike with the Ritchey monocurve?
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

rheosibal

by rheosibal

The Ritchey Monocurves were pretty much the icing on the cake. The longer stem & bar reach is exactly what I needed. I indeed had a shorter stem and bars with a shorter reach, but it came from a previous bike I had (54cm Evo).

m66

by m66

rheosibal wrote:Yes they are. The builds usually come with 3 replaceable stops. 2 for the downtube, and one for the chainstay. You'd need to buy a rubber grommet for the FD (seat tube) as they don't provide any.

Looking at converting mine to Di2 - so the 3 replaceable stops are factory? Mine didn't come with any- was the grommet for the FD a CDale part as well or did you source that somewhere else?

Also, what's your plan for getting the two wires into the downtube to meet the A junction?

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Yeah, the 3 replaceable stops are factory. As for the grommet for the FD, I sourced it from a LBS = it's a standard rubber grommet. In terms of the 2 wires to meet Junction A, it's a project I'm still figuring out. I will update this post if I decide to pull the trigger.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Weights?

Given the forum's name and all ;)

stripes

by stripes

Love the frame color and your latest build with Ui2!!!

I have a CAAD9 right now and have been itching to get a carbon bike with Ui2/Di2 and demoting my current rig to a spare/race bike. A carbon bike with Ui2 will run me at least $5-6k+ USD and maybe a bit more depending on any upgrades (and that's still with stock wheels). Didn't know that the 2014 CAAD10s are electronic compatible and now that it's approaching close out season, I wonder if I can snag a frame or the 105 version of this bike and strip it. With a budget of $5-7k it seems like I'd be able to build something up with a 3T cockpit/Ui2/Zipp 404s? Very tempting...

I'll need to check if an LBS can order a frame in this color and the pricing. OP, did you purchase this as a frameset or complete bike? If the frame, how much (if you don't mind me asking & feel free to PM) did you get it for?

P.S. thanks for the inspiration :)

rheosibal

by rheosibal

TP - Will get it weighed once I return home

Stripes - With a $5-$7k budget, go carbon! That's a pretty high end budget, and with that said, you obviously have the funds to replace anything if necessary. The shop I ordered from ordered the bike as a complete and sold the frame/wheels only to me.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

v. nice.

Looks like a true weapon.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com