Wilier Zero.7 2015 - interesting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vlastrada

by vlastrada

wilier is predictably claiming the new 0.7 is lighter, stiffer, more aero; either way...some nice design features

http://www.bdc-mag.com/nuova-wilier-zero-7-2015/

always liked Wiliers....a 0.7 SL or 0.6 might also follow

integrated fork :

looks promising and it probably will look better in the flesh

http://www.bdc-mag.com/wp-content/uploa ... .09.24.png

http://www.bdc-mag.com/wp-content/uploa ... .09.59.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

I want. Even with the Shimagnolo/Campagnano DI2EPS levers on that rendered picture.

kgt

by kgt

Nice ! Better paintjob than the previous model. What I don't like is this "hunch".

istigatrice

by istigatrice

...are wilier also going to release a EPS to Di2 headunit?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I really want more writing over the frame informing me what the bottom bracket standard is.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vlastrada

by vlastrada

Yup not much coverage yet beyond the italian press...

BB should be BB386 Evo

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Errore 404 - Pagina non trovata!
The page you are trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

pafcycle

by pafcycle

Slimmer. I thought a remake of a 2011 design would come. Tubes are thinner now and the front end has the same pattern adopted by Cento1 (air included). Straight fork will and reduced rake will make it a little more nervous, I guess. Internal cabling is also welcomed. Let's wait for all specs to be released.

I liked.
--
Viva l'Italia liberata e redenta...

pafcycle

by pafcycle

In fact, the new Zero7 can be see in action here.
--
Viva l'Italia liberata e redenta...

NiFTY

by NiFTY

@vlastrada, i was taking the piss, the previous zero7 had BB386 plastered over the frame and all the stock components (stem, seatpost etc)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mythical

by mythical

It's official, this new bike is now shown on the website. http://www.wilier.it/en/products/road-bike/zero7-2015/

Wilier never interested me much but after having a good look I actually really like this frame a lot! Only now I'll need to find out how it rides.

“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

wingguy

by wingguy

Only now I'll need to find out how it rides.

Unless they've somehow managed to make it ride much, much worse than the previous Zero.7 then it'll ride amazing.

I'm pretty sure they haven't made it worse though, since I know a seriously hard to please person who went on the Wilier product launch last week who said it's the best bike he's ever ridden. He's now considering selling his RCA :unbelievable:

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Why do they have such a steep seat angle on this frame? 74.5 degree on the size M is about 0.5-1 degree steeper than every other frame (assuming they retain the geo from the 2014 model)

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

dwaharvey wrote:Why do they have such a steep seat angle on this frame? 74.5 degree on the size M is about 0.5-1 degree steeper than every other frame (assuming they retain the geo from the 2014 model)

Geometry is in line with the usual Italian masters De Rosa & Colnago. Medium has a 74 degree STA.

jjdoyle

by jjdoyle

I have a Zero.7 and I love the bike. Light, fast, accelerates off the mark and surprisingly comfortable. Very, very rideable, or at least it was :(
The bike is 3 months old and last week while cleaning it, I found a crack in the left seat stay. Sat was, 85km with 1000M climb. Frame now un-rideable. Credit to Wilier and the distributers, as I have a half IM coming up, they offered me a warrantee replacement Centro AIR straight away. I said no as I love the Zero, so if I’m prepared to wait, they’ve offered the 2015 Zero in 2 months time. I’m waiting !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com