Newbie rules?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
tharmor

by tharmor

I have three outgoing private messages that don't ever seem to get delivered. Some a more than a month old now. Is this an issue on my end, or is it just that the members on the receiving end haven't logged in to collect them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*edit*

I should add that all three of the outgoing messages were sent to members of the board with more than 60 post counts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Unless they open it, it'll remain in your Outbox.

FWIW I have the same.

tharmor

by tharmor

Mil gracias

Slagter

by Slagter

I can´t seem to find the classifieds section. Does that have something to do with me not having posted enough? Or am I really getting blind?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Well, if you would have read through this topic. You would have seen that you need 30 posts in order to 'unlock' the marketplace.

Thanks
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

commendatore

by commendatore

and here I just thought it was odd there was no classifieds section. oops.

Slagter

by Slagter

Thank you for your reply Frankie - B

Molotov

by Molotov

To be honest, I really do wish the 30 was decreased - Not to be rude but I am currently in the market for a C59, some chap advertised one the other day (which I saw by accident without logging in) and I now can't get hold of him/or tell him link isn't working ... shame really

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

We understand the frustration Molotov, however sadly the spammers forced our hand.

fawkes

by fawkes

its said that scammers have forced all this.

Molotov

by Molotov

It is - basically in the same situation now :) Ah well

TedStriker

by TedStriker

Cheers for the update

CoppiCat1

by CoppiCat1

Hope this is an appropriate place to post this newbie question:

When I make a post on a thread, do the users I am trying to communicate with know that my post has been made? (I don't see a notification when someone else posts after I have posted.) Do I have to hope that other people are manually checking for new posts on all their old threads?

Thanks for any advice that might make this clear to me.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

There are no email post notifications, like Road Bike Review, automatically enabled.

In your 'profile' and under 'board preferences' you can click on 'edit posting defaults' to enable being notified of a reply. But again, not a default option. And no, we have no idea if a user has enabled it or not.

So to answer your question, yes you do need to rely on them checking or having notifications in place.

CoppiCat1

by CoppiCat1

Thanks for your answer Tinea Pedis. I have now set my preferences so that I will be notified when I receive replies.

One further question: When I post a reply to a thread (assuming all the previous posters have notification enabled) who gets the notification? Is it everybody who ever posted on that thread or only the person who made the post immediately before mine?

Thanks again

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com