"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

airwise

by airwise

Deleted.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

im surprised on how many pro tour level dudes are from luxembourg . I mean smallest country, and sending (what it seems) like a decent amount of dudes to world tour! I heard the tid bit from commentry on how there is a one on ag2r. I could be wrong in this observation though.

is there a list of world tour nationalities? im curious to see what the ratio of pro riders : country population is

edit:

and this bike hits me right in the feelz

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

maquisard wrote:I don't criticise guys who are open about there doping like Landis, I don't praise dopers like Pantani in films, I don't buddy up to Vino on TV...

I am not Mr Lemond.
Do you criticise guys who write a book professing their innocence and soliciting donations to their legal defense fund, and then admit their guilt (become open about their doping) only to get back at someone who wouldn't hire them?

bricky21

by bricky21

pastronef wrote:
bricky21 wrote:Oscar Pereiro won in 2006 on a Campagnolo equipped bike.

Landis won in 2006 on Campagnolo too :mrgreen:

before that, it was Pantani in 1998

True, but Oscar is the most recent 2006 tour winner 8)

airwise

by airwise

HammerTime2 wrote:
maquisard wrote:I don't criticise guys who are open about there doping like Landis, I don't praise dopers like Pantani in films, I don't buddy up to Vino on TV...

I am not Mr Lemond.
Do you criticise guys who write a book professing their innocence and soliciting donations to their legal defense fund, and then admit their guilt (become open about their doping) only to get back at someone who wouldn't hire them?

The modus operandi is for Mr X to criticise those that claim their innocence and those who protest that they are clean.

The mother of the imbecile is always pregnant and all :roll:

He is, I believe, a former Lance fanatic. I guess he feels let down and is ill prepared to look beyond the past. Yet Mr X does seem somewhat selective in those he seeks to question.

DanW

by DanW

Wow! Well that is what you call "judging the chase of a breakaway to perfection" I guess!

djconnel

by djconnel

D'oh! Should have worn my aero helmet.

airwise

by airwise

No doubt Cervelo's brilliant marketing department will say he would have won on an S5 :)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Check this out Heinrich Haussler coming in 2nd on a TDF stage.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

ahead of Sagan no less....
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

wingguy

by wingguy

So, six sprint stages down and three won by other people. Kittel is leaving a lot of 'crumbs'. :wink: Is he simply too big this year to stay fresh for three weeks, or will he come good again?

Assuming he's still tired after the pyrenees I'm starting to get a feeling about Sagan and the Champs Elysees. Any takers for him to finally win one on the biggest stage of all?

martinko

by martinko

I really hope for Sagan winning the last stage. He didn't have luck yet and that would be great compensation :)

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

I definitely think that Sagan will have a really good shot at the Champs. If for no other reason than he's just been shafted at every chance so far

KWalker

by KWalker

I like how before the Tour everyone was talking about how Kittel would dominate just like Cav had in the past. Kittel isn't Cav and while a top sprinter, I don't know if he will ever match some of Cav's hauls
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

irongatsby wrote:If Nibali wins, how many years will it have been since a Campy equipped bike last won the Tour?

Not to mention the Giro was won on campagnolo this year as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk