Trek Emonda SL Frameset - 52cm - Weights

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

Is it possible that it has tight tire clearance because of those TRP brakes? I'm gettting the same bike in september (52cm) and I'm using my current Sram Red brakes on it. If it has tight clearance I'll use my labs drill to make some clearance haha.
-Trek Madone 6 Series SSL 2012 with Sram Red 22 and American Classic Aero 420 wheels
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

How did you mount the brakes, if this new frame uses direct mount brakes? Did you use an adapter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erwizy4p5

by erwizy4p5

The emonda slr uses direct mount not the emonda sl.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Ah, alright. I didn't catch that. Thanks.

Seneb

by Seneb

djconnel wrote:I think this is the first time I've seen a bike weighed with a tool bag. Usually bottles, pump, toolbag, are considered "extra stuff", like clothing and helmet.

It looks really nice, though! It's a really attractive bike, with a nice build with the exception of the marginal tire clearance.

Thanks! I weighed it with the extra stuff because that's the last weight I had for my previous build and I wanted a comparison. I'll strip the cages, Garmin & mount, pump, and tube kit and get a "clean" weight.

I already have some new parts for it. I put on a Super Record 12-27 cassette, Zipp titanium skewers are on order from my LBS, and bottle cage bolts and a carbon headset cap with aluminum bolt are on order from Purely Custom. Any other reasonable changes to reduce weight?

Seneb

by Seneb

Sorry for the grainy night shot, but it's all I could do last night. As the bike is set up here, without any extras, the weight is 6.86 kilograms (15.12 pounds). I have a set of Zipp ti skewers on arrival today at the LBS, so that will drop 38 grams. The Purely Custom carbon cap and bolt (en route) will drop around a measly 3 grams. Any other ideas?

djconnel

by djconnel

Cables.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

djconnel wrote:Cables.

agreed.... light ones or just trim your existing ones. That rear mech loop looks heavy. :P

erwizy4p5

by erwizy4p5

Emonda's are coming just got mine built 6490g (14.31 lbs) still got a couple of things on my mind tune gumgum tune skewer bontrager xxx integrated stem handlebar should get me under 14.Image

Madone69

by Madone69

One of my MADONE's is the 2009 6.9 Madone in the Astana colours ( red series carbon ) , full record 11 speed , Ritchey WCS bar and stem aluminium, SLR saddle , bontrager cages, Zipp 404 tubbies with Victoria CX and sealant & Speedplay Zero ti . size 54 , weighing 6.67kg. - no boutique parts.

am i impressed with the newer Treks - not really. i think they a bit over priced of late.

enjoy the ride , they great bikes.

KingOfCrank

by KingOfCrank

Thanks for sharing. In the vein of weigh weenies, at $1400 the Emonda SL frameset seems to hit a very nice weight to cost ratio. Hard to justify the SLR at $4200 if cost is of any consideration.

erwizy4p5

by erwizy4p5

Does anyone have ideas how much weight is saved switching cable housings?

totoboa

by totoboa

rmerka wrote: What is unreasonable is the claim that Trek makes calling it the "The Lightest Production Road Line Ever" when a 52cm weighs in only 35 grams lighter than my 56cm S3, and I don't consider the S3 a weight weenie frame by any stretch.

If Trek is going to throw around terms like "Lightest Ever" they should expect that someone will actually put it on a scale.

. . . .. . . it is THEIR lightest production road line ever. . . . .. . :D

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

Whats the weight of those RXL cages?
-Trek Madone 6 Series SSL 2012 with Sram Red 22 and American Classic Aero 420 wheels
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!

erwizy4p5

by erwizy4p5

23g a piece

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com