Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have to say i am amazed after what I read on this and other forums about the poor function of the brakes and the communication of ciamillo that people keep buying his stuff. I was looking at the gravitas when I was building my bike because they are pretty as hell, and superlight, but having a reliable manufacturer and reliable function of the item was more important to me so I went with EEs, no regrets. I feel all of this was entirely predictable. That said I hope you get a favourable outcome. If I were you I would go for the refund, as he has trimmed down his staffing to just himself, saying it is to improve efficiency, but to me it reeks of about to go out of business. If you wait much longer he may have no cash to refund you.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jumpman

by jumpman

In January, he said the final product was 4 weeks away.

elSid wrote:
jumpman wrote:
In January 2014, Ted updated a status that the release of the product was on hold pending testing and the incorporation of a Powermeter. He suggested that if I can wait, he would get me a free power meter or else he would issue a refund. I responded with the fact that given I had waited for so long already, I could wait a tad more. We've had radio silence since then.

In July 2014, I finally decided I had waited long enough (over 1 year) and requested for a refund so I can move on and close this nightmare chapter of my biking life
y

In Jan 2014, how long did he say you might wait before receiving either a new crank or a refund? I assume you had agreed on a more precise time frame than "a tad more."

I would send another note, this time as a certified letter, demanding a crank or refund within a reasonable time frame, such as 30 days. Be clear that on day 31, without one or the other, you will go straight to the police.
2011 Cannondale Evo Team, SRAM Red, Corima MCC on Conti comps, Ciamillo Carbon Zero G(taken off all Ciamillo crap), Look Keo Carbon, 3T ARX Ltd stem, Carbon Ti skewers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

Doesn't Ted feel guilty about taking your crank and not replacing or refunding it, I know I would ?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

SSDT (same story different thread).

To the OP. Sorry for your loss.
Speedplay is the devil!

FastforaSlowGuy

by FastforaSlowGuy

I'm really not trying to laugh at anyone's troubles, because I'd be lit up if this were my stuff. But I always chuckle a bit at these threads. Ted's reputation for designing really cool stuff and backing it up with horrid customer service is well known. Seems to me this is a little like buying a house next to a pig farm: the house may be great, but don't surprised when it stinks to high heaven. Maybe the solution is for people to STOP BUYING THIS STUFF! The invisible hand of the market is pushing you that direction, so don't resist.

jumpman

by jumpman

Appreciate the support from you guys. Ironically, people make statements with perfect hindsight of knowing a company or a person is the way they are from day one but reality is, it wasnt like this in the beginning. I have always tried to support the little guys in the pursuit of a dream in my business and have tried to apply that in my normal life as well. I acknowledge that getting burnt sucks for me but hey, every now then, we all need to get schooled.
2011 Cannondale Evo Team, SRAM Red, Corima MCC on Conti comps, Ciamillo Carbon Zero G(taken off all Ciamillo crap), Look Keo Carbon, 3T ARX Ltd stem, Carbon Ti skewers

coppercook62

by coppercook62

My friend was burned by him.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

SLCBrandon,
You are right ! Ted,he is always Ted.I don't believe him.
For surely there's always tomorrow....

mattr

by mattr

Shallowhal wrote:I don't agree with that, at least for the UK

Doesn't matter if you don't agree. It's still European consumer law.

There are slight variations across the EU, but the core of it is the same. Your contact is with the person you give the money to.

excremanwu

by excremanwu

I love their new brake after, just buy it from ebay

Shallowhal

by Shallowhal

mattr wrote:

There are slight variations across the EU, but the core of it is the same. Your contact is with the person you give the money to.

Show me where it says in European consumer law that any and all warranties are assumed by the retailer and not the manufacturer and I'll gladly stand corrected.

BRM

by BRM

Shallowhal wrote:
mattr wrote:

Show me where it says in European consumer law that any and all warranties are assumed by the retailer and not the manufacturer and I'll gladly stand corrected.

You better invest yourself in information before bringing things in discussion.
You started with mixing two diferent things and therefore you confuse yourself.

1] There is the warranty from the manufacturer, which is 2 years minimum.
2] As a buyer you have a legal binding contract (purchasing-contract) with the seller.
This contract comes with a set of rights and obligations that goes much further than that earlier mentioned 2 years warranty.

jumpman

by jumpman

Time to put closure on this. I'm writing off the cost of the cranks and whatever shipping cost and nightmare i've endured. Ted Ciamillo is a fraud and a crook, amongst other things. Constant lies upon lies. People like this have no place in any form of business so my personal recommendation to anyone in any form of cycling is to stop buying from this guy and get him out of this business once and for all. I''ll be sending my story to every cycling publication that I follow with the hope they'll publish my story just so people are protected. I have also shared my story with the cycling community across Asia and in Australia. I hope everyone stops encouraging people like this. TED if you read this, you can keep whatever you stole from me. I'd be more than happy to spend 10x that amount to make sure you stop screwing people over.
Last edited by jumpman on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TuplaO

by TuplaO

So basically, whatever the reasons behind it, Ted is running what, in effect, amounts to an elaborate scam. I wonder what the difference is between the 'cases' of those who've been *f##k* over and of those who haven't. Pure chance? Cold calculation?

Edit: He states on his website that he's doing everything by himself now. No wonder things have come to this, when he's trying to lie and mislead his way out of trouble on top of everything...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Very, very sorry to read the final verdict ... here's to hoping each of you get what you deserve.

If I never read another Ted / Ciamillo screw job aka hollow promise post again, it'll be too soon.