Pro-Lite Cuneo GP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

Hi, have been a WW follower and finally decided to drop my first post, which isn't banging at all but just sharing. I am fairly new to road cycling (about a year into it); initially started out riding fixed gear recreationally, then the interest progressed and I began racing local (Singapore) fixed gear criterium races. With sufficient influence and desire, I picked up a road bike. The bike I'm posting would be a second frame-set with most parts transferred over from the previous build, which was a SAB R4.0. Pardon the lack of quality photos, and details wherever.

After much deliberation, I purchased the Pro-Lite Cuneo GP direct from them (since there weren't any distros here). Other choices I thought of were the following:

Decision was based on availability, ease of getting it and cost. I was also fond of the Cuneo's short wheelbase, though I don't have a clear reason what its advantages are.

A quick photoshop work, churned out a rough estimate of how the build would look like with parts I have and would love to have.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

Exchanged some e-mails with Rob and Fanny form Pro-Lite, and after some slight delay my frame set was shipped out and arrived the following day.

I thought it was going to be a black-on-black kinda outlook as how it was portrayed on the website, however the decals were grey.

Weight includes front and rear derailleur hangers and bolts, seat clamp and bolt, barrel adjusters and bb cable guide VS manufacturer's listed weight of 1160g, which I later figured was the weight without the hangers, bolts, etc. Next was to build it up, my good friend over at LifeCycle helped me out with it and this was how the initial build looks like:

Pro-Lite Cuneo GP

7.275kg

Pro-Lite Cuneo GP 7046 Alloy Road frame (50.5cm C-T)
Pro-Lite Liguria Ponente fork
Pro-Lite Ancona headset
Pro-Lite Garda seatpost clamp
GUB G-0316 31.6 Aluminium seatpost
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
3T Arx Pro 6º 110mm stem
Ritchey WCS Curve 400mm bar
SRAM Red bartape
Elite Custom Race bottle cages
Jagwire Racer cable kit
TRP R920 SL brakes
SRAM Force front derailleur
SRAM Force rear derailleur
FSA SL-K Light Compact crankset
FSA Road MegaExo Ø24 bottom bracket
Stronglight CT2 52/36t
KMC X10SL
SRAM Red
Shimano Dura Ace CS-7900 11-25t cassette
Controltech Cetus Clincher wheels
Michelin A1 tubes
Michelin Pro 4 Service Course 23mm tyres
Exustar E-PR100PP pedals
Garmin 500, Tate Labs Bar Fly 2.0 mount

More adjustments needed and definitely not a fan of the stem angle.

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

After sufficient thought, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase carbon clincher wheels from Farsports. I picked up Kyle's contact via WW forum and as how everyone else has reflected, his service exceeded my expectations. I got the 38mm x 25mm carbon clinchers with EDHub and Sapim CX-Ray spokes and nipples. It came with a pair of skewers and 2 pairs of brake pads.

Well packaged!

Rear wheel weight w/o skewers

Front wheel weight w/o skewers

Wrapping these with Continental GP400SII tyres and Michelin A1 tubes with Vittoria rim tapes. Will probably go for Veloplugs in the near future, but rim tapes will do for now.

I've also gotten a Pro PLT stem 10º 100mm to replace the 3T Arx Pro 6º 110mm stem.

The rims were definitely wider and the TRP 920 SL brake calipers weren't actually working very well. TRP stated that the maximum rim width that it could take is a 23mm. Got my hands on a pair of good used SRAM Red 2011 brake calipers. Weight went up a little, but wasn't planning on doing it super light anyways on this tight budget. Updated list:

Pro-Lite Cuneo GP
7.29kg (w/ Garmin and mount)

Pro-Lite Cuneo GP 7046 Alloy Road frame (50.5cm C-T)
Pro-Lite Liguria Ponente fork
Pro-Lite Ancona headset
Pro-Lite Garda seatpost clamp
GUB G-0316 31.6 Aluminium seatpost
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
Pro PLT 10º 100mm stem
Ritchey WCS Curve 400mm bar
SRAM Red bartape
Elite Custom Race bottle cages
Jagwire Racer cable kit
SRAM Red 2011 brakes
SRAM Force front derailleur
SRAM Force rear derailleur
FSA SL-K Light Compact 172.5 crankset
FSA Road MegaExo Ø24 bottom bracket
Stronglight CT2 52/36t
KMC X10SL
SRAM Red
Shimano Dura Ace CS-7900 11-25t cassette
Farsports 38mm x 25mm Clincher / EDHub / Sapim CX-Ray / Sapim SILS wheels
Michelin A1 tubes
Continental GP4000SII 23mm tyres
Exustar E-PR100PP pedals
Garmin 500, Tate Labs Bar Fly 2.0 mount

I'm looking at getting a Rotor crankset some time (because current crank arms are 172.5mm and I should be running 170mm), and later on probably add on the P2M.
Last edited by r3DpLat3 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

LouisN

by LouisN

Very nice bike :beerchug:

Louis :)

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

Thank you Louis :beerchug:

locktopus

by locktopus

Is there any daylight that sneaks through between the rear tire and the seat tube? TIGHT clearance! Looks great!

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

locktopus wrote:Is there any daylight that sneaks through between the rear tire and the seat tube? TIGHT clearance! Looks great!

Thanks locktopus! It is indeed very tight! I had to get rid of the excess rubber on the brand new tyre because those excesses were rubbing against the seat tube, since the wheel wasn't 100% true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r3DpLat3

by r3DpLat3

coppercook62 wrote::thumbup:

Thanks! :D