Not new to WW, but never shown my bike before.....

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Hi,

I'm not really new to the forum, but I've never introduced myself (and shown my bike :D )....

So..... here it is, it's a '99 Trek OCLV 5200.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/5500 ... all3bk.jpg

I've just last week finished upgrading my bike with an Ultegra 10-speed group, because the old Ultegra 9-speed was really worn out........ I also bought some Tune wassertragers 8)
I don't know the weight (I don't have a scale), but I think it's around 8-8,5 kg (could that be correct :?: )
I also plan buying a Ritchey Wcs stem, because the current BBB stem is getting too small for me.

About myself, I'm 15 years old and I compete in the "Nieuwelingen" category (15/16 years),
and I'm pretty much of a weight weenie with my 46 kgs

Hope you all like my bike,

Bye,
David
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Btw, Does anyone know how I can lighten it up?
I don't have too much to spend (so no Lw's or Clavicula's :oops: :D)...
It also has to be race-proof...........
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rogue

by Rogue

I would get a Syntace f99 stem instead of the Ritchey and maybe change the seat to a Selle Italia SLR and the seatpost to a New Ultimate. Just by doing that you will have saved a lot of weight.

Nice bike by the way. 8)
Nice rider weight - true WW.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Rogue wrote:I would get a Syntace f99 stem instead of the Ritchey and maybe change the seat to a Selle Italia SLR and the seatpost to a New Ultimate. Just by doing that you will have saved a lot of weight.

Nice bike by the way. 8)
Nice rider weight - true WW.

Ok, but why a f99 instead of a Wcs? Is it lighter? I thought Ritchey Wcs is best value for money?
And do you know how much the F99 costs in comparison to the Wcs?
Don't think I'll change the saddle, because It fits me perfectly, but you're right, it's pretty heavy...... :(
The seatpost needs to be changed too indeed (It's a stock Icon post), but I don't think I can save a lot of weight there, because It's already cut pretty short (because It's shoved so far down the seattube) I don't know anything about the New Ultimate seatpost... How much does it weigh? How much does it cost? Is it available in Europe?

tommy

by tommy

i would change to a WCS and maybe a lighter cranck... other from that i think it is a nice bike....

Rogue

by Rogue

The seatpost is availible from BTP http://www.b-t-p.de/. I used to ride the SLR and the Arione and both fit me very nicely, but we are all build differently. By switching to the SLR you will roughly save 130 grams.
From our sponsor, Starbike, you can get the Syntace stem for 79,90 € and that is only 10 € more that the WCS costs.

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Rogue wrote:The seatpost is availible from BTP http://www.b-t-p.de/. I used to ride the SLR and the Arione and both fit me very nicely, but we are all build differently. By switching to the SLR you will roughly save 130 grams.
From our sponsor, Starbike, you can get the Syntace stem for 79,90 € and that is only 10 € more that the WCS costs.

I think I'll go for the Wcs, because I can buy it here in Holland for 57 euros, and the syntace would have to be shipped from the US.....
the Ultimate seatpost is a little expensive for me, so I'll probably won't change the seatpost now.
I am thinking about the saddle though, because it saves much weight.

Rogue

by Rogue

Starbike is german so the shipping costs are not going to be that bad. :)

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Rogue wrote:Starbike is german so the shipping costs are not going to be that bad. :)

It is? :shock:
Ok haha I didn't know :D
I thought it was American, because the forum is American too?
That changes the whole case....
Damn you Rogue, you just made my choice a hell of a lot harder... :lol: :wink:

Rogue

by Rogue

Glad I could "help" :D

Timo

by Timo

Grimpeur wrote:I think I'll go for the Wcs, because I can buy it here in Holland for 57 euros, and the syntace would have to be shipped from the US.....

Syntace is Duits en ook gewoon in Nederland verkrijgbaar via de fietsenwinkel (Syntace is German and also available in the Netherlands through the LBS) 8)

Ivan

by Ivan

Grimpeur wrote:Ok, but why a f99 instead of a Wcs? Is it lighter?

Just check the listings: for 26.0 mm bars and 120 mm, 6°: the ritchey weighs 113 g and the syntace 108 g, so very minimal difference.
He ride a bike instead of a car I wanna be his friend
Golden Earring - Going to the run

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Some new pics.... 8)

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2139 ... all1bs.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2310 ... all9ps.jpg

I upgraded with a new, longer, f99 stem (listened to your advice Rogue :D ) and put on a Pazzaz cf seatpost....

the old seatpost was about 230 grams and the new one is 160 grams, so 70 g's saved there.
The old (much shorter) bbb stem was 180 grams and the syntace is 115 grams, so saved 65 grams there...

comes to a total of 135 grams, so I'm pretty satisfied. It's still not a WW, but I'm getting there. Plus imo it looks much cooler now 8) ........

bye,
David

Btw, these pictures show my heavy 2kg :oops: Shimano trainingwheels, during races my Ksyriums will be put in....

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Just another question: I'm thinking of replacing my 300 gram heavy shimano Sl pedals for some speedplays. Is this a good idea and which modell can i purchase best? (having in mind that I'm not filthy rich :lol: ). Because I've seen that there are quite a few different types of 'em. So which one is the best choice?

thanks,
David

Rogue

by Rogue

I just got the Speedplay Zero stainless steel in red which by the way would match your bike quite nicely. They weigh in at 206 grams and I think they are about 150€. Great system with the adjustable float. The real bonus is that they can be upgraded with the alu-inserts from BTP and thereby save an extra 24 grams. 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com