"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Giant-Shimano getting an armchair ride from Lotto and Astana right now. Can't understand why they aren't being made to take responsibility for the chase?

53x12

by 53x12

Why would G-S feel any need to set the pace when there are plenty of other teams willing to do the job? Smart of G-S to just sit back and hang on. They'll take over when the time is right. No need to be premature.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ahillock

by Ahillock

motormouth wrote:Cav is faster, but I like Kittel's hair more.

No way. Kittel is definitely the faster sprinter at this point. Not even close. Cav is good, but Kittel is better at this point.

53x12

by 53x12

Wow, great sprint finish by G-S and Kittel. In such control. Perfect lead out. Perfect finish. Even Sagan can't get around G-S or Kittel.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wingguy

by wingguy

53x12 wrote:Why would G-S feel any need to set the pace when there are plenty of other teams willing to do the job?

That's exactly my point. Why are the other teams doing it? Why are Lotto driving on with 20k to go when Giant are sitting in the peloton laughing at them?

When Cav was destroying every sprint stage no other team would take up responsibility for the chase, they'd all just sit there looking at HTC.

53x12

by 53x12

I think Saxo was out front for some time because of Contador, Astana because of Nibbles and the wet/slippery roads. But I'm not sure why Lotto was out front at 20km to go. Seems foolish. Same with Omega Pharma, not sure why they were out early setting the pace. They all should have done what G-S did and wait until 3-4km to go. Then start hammering away.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Giant Shimano are making no friends in the bunch with that tactic, hopefully the other teams take notice and pay them in kind (which lets a breakaway stay away :thumbup: ).

efeballi

by efeballi

Seriously, why do Lotto-Belisol ramp up the pace in the last kilometers, when Greipel is nowhere to be seen?
Also really felt for Jan Barta, caught on the last 5 km...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Pretty funny Oleg tinkoff sh!tting all over SRAM via twitter. I would guess they'll be on shimano next year!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

AK won MSR on a CXR60 rear and CCU front.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

53x12 wrote:Wow, great sprint finish by G-S and Kittel. In such control. Perfect lead out. Perfect finish. Even Sagan can't get around G-S or Kittel.

Sagan will never come around Kittel. But he rides a mean wheelie.
Colnago e Campagnolo

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

petepeterson wrote:Pretty funny Oleg tinkoff sh!tting all over SRAM via twitter. I would guess they'll be on shimano next year!

What were the tweets? Sadly I missed them...
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Quite funny actually. He certainly conveys his thoughts... diplomatically.

Oleg Tinkov @olegtinkov · Jul 4
“@ander337700: @olegtinkov take Shimano” an I interesting thought :-)

Btw, I would gussets Mr. @SRAMroad Presodent to change his personal assistant, or write by himself,just like you, but I am not President :-)

President of SRAM send us an email saying that he is fully supporting bla-bla-bla our team : "Saxo Bank" ? What should I answer him, folks?

Oleg Tinkov @olegtinkov · Jul 1
I HAD TO USE MY LAST YEAR BIKE HERE IN FRANCE, BUT #SRAM IS REAL SRAM. IN RUSSIAN SRAM MEANS SHAME BY THE WAY. SRAM ЭТО ПЕДАЛИ И ШЕСТЕРЕНКИ

Oleg Tinkov @olegtinkov · Jul 1
Have biked today on hilly South France roads. . After automatic Shimano that I just used to, what a POOR quality of @SRAMracing components.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

wingguy

by wingguy

And what about Like Mark Cavendish I am out of bike for a week due bronchitis, Will miss my #Cervelo :lol:

airwise

by airwise

53x12 wrote:Andy Schleck fell pretty hard. Guy just has super bad luck or what?

Ever since his Dad got pulled over and his bro got busted it's been a tough road for good old Andy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com