Canyon Ultimate CF Custom Candy - LW pics pg 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

munk93

by munk93

Some of you guys might remember the black Trek Madone I made a few years ago. Well, I told everyone that asked me, that I would never sell it. Not even when I got a new bike. Now I'm a bit bored by the bike, and I'm looking for a new owner.
I have planned on buying a new bike for years now. But I never came around to it. I've been in love with the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX since it the first pictures of it, a couple of years ago. And then the Cannondale Supersix Evo. But no matter which bike I got, I wanted to strip of the paint, and give it a new, simple and beautiful paintjob. Some days ago I found the old Canyon Ultimate CF SLX. A frame I really liked for it's geo in the 56. I know it's a very stiff bike, that will meet my demands for a race bike.
The bike will get a full on race setup. I like a big drop, so the stem will slammed, although it's only af -6 deg. Bars will be Ritchey WCS classic bend. (Looks best imo) The saddle will be an old Selle Italia SLR, with new white leather, and on the seatpost-subject, I'm trying to deside between Ritchey Superlogic and Enve.
The groupset will probably be Dura Ace 9000 mechanical. I don't like the gearlevers, but I guess I'll have to live with that. My other choice would be Chorus, but that is just to difficult with wheels, service and so on. Besides I think all the other Dura Ace parts are looking very good.
Wheels will be Ambrosio with Record hubs, for training, Dura Ace WH7800 C24 Carbon hopefully only for races in bad weather, while if I can get some Lightweights, my brother has laying around, insured, then they will be good weather racingwheels.
Frame is weighing in at 906 grams for my 56(With hanger). With the paint stripped of, and a new slightly thinner layer, I hope it will go under 875. I will offcourse weigh the bike when stripped. Fork is 345 grams, and I hope that the final bike, with LWs, will be under the 6 kilo mark. In the end it still needs to weigh 6,8 though.
The paintjob of the frame will be a surprise. I can only promise that it will be simple, but it wont be black. ;)
First a pic of where I'm starting
I'm of to the sink, with lots of sandpaper and a terrified Canyon. :D
Last edited by munk93 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Your Trek was one of my favorite bikes on the forum. I remember first seeing it on SlamThatStem. No doubt your new project will also be stunning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

munk93 wrote:My other choice would be Chorus, but that is just to difficult with wheels, service and so on.

Shimano and Campy 11 speed cassettes are 100% interchangeable - You can run shimano 11 speed cassettes on a campag bike
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

munk93

by munk93

@juanmoretime
This time i'll go with some color.
@istigatrice
I know. At the moment I'm just getting more used to the idea of Dura Ace. The components Will match perfectly with my ideas. And the levers will, despite not being the coolest, fit good for my positions.

fitty4

by fitty4

I took off almost 100 gr. of white paint from my 2008 cervelo r3. I think you should be able to remove at least 50 gr. You can give the bike some "Optimum Opti-coat 2.0" it adds about 2 gr. I think

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

i really loved your trek, almost as much as mine. and as yourself, i always thought i'd never sell it. but hey, never say never. suddenly smth new comes up, smth you want, and suddenly you're willing to let go... :smartass:

anyway, enjoy your new build, i am curious to see what you have in mind!!! :beerchug:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

michel2

by michel2

i have to say the 9000 group has been calling my name for a while too ! i have been born a raised with campagnolo but i do really like to look the group onto of that i always wanted a pair of c24 wheels.
now come up and show us what you have done with the frame (-:

munk93

by munk93

Progress...
Don't know if I can make time for the stickers in this round. Bike needs to be race ready in 2 days. Picking up a Super Record groupset tomorrow. :)

megl

by megl

Wow - looks great! Please don't put too many stickers on ;-)

Who did the paint job?

munk93

by munk93

Me. 8)

megl

by megl

Cool :thumbup:

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Canyon is almost as dull a brand as Trek. I can see why you got rid of the logos and painted it ...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Not a fan of the sloping frame but otherwise great project :beerchug:

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Valbrona wrote:Canyon is almost as dull a brand as Trek. I can see why you got rid of the logos and painted it ...

Almost as dull as a deng fu :roll:
Official cafe stop tester

munk93

by munk93

In my opinion, no bike should be let completely "clean". Product name should be displayed at the downtube, and a logo on the headtube. Nothing more than that.

Today I got in touch with a really fast graphic designer. My stickers are ready, and Im picking them up first thing in the morning. So tomorrow is booked for one last paint job, and building up the bike 100%.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com