That was fast! Next stop... San Diego.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I begin my summer holiday tomorrow but am alone with my two kids until the 15th. My wife has to travel to Australia for some family business and it was too expensive for all of us to go. Maybe after the 15th? I'll be in Rotterdam July 22-26 and in Assen from 27 july until 3 August. It would be great if we could get a few of the other Dutch weenies to join.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jipperd

by jipperd

I'm in for a ride as well :)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Where is a convenient place to meet up? I live in North Holland which tends to be a bit out of the way for most people.

AGW

by AGW

Congratulations! We go to Newport Beach every year (and a day or two in SD), so there's always a chance to ride.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Hey Xnav,
A San Diego native here. You'll be moving to a city with a well established cycling community. Sounds like you'll be working near 32nd st. naval station area? There are plenty of decent areas to live in and be able to cycle to work. Hopefully you'll be closer to the downtown area than 32nd st, but they're close to one another, it's just that 32nd st is in a crappy area by the NASCO ship yards. I generally avoid DT for traffic and safety reasons, but there are ways to get around it and enjoy some beautiful surroundings nearby. I grew up a few miles from DT/airport area and can name dozens of fantastic places to live and cycle. If you have questions, need opinions or I can point you in the right direction I'm happy to help. Stay classy!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Tricky1, thanks. I'll shoot you a PM. We'll likely be living in Chula Vista based on what we have read online about schools and housing prices.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Ted,
Assen is 45 mins drive from my place and I'm returning from holiday on the 1st or 2nd. so that should be doable.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Cool! Let's try to connect.