My upcoming Bianchi Build. Any advice

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

I'm planning on getting a 2014/2015 Bianchi Sempre pro frameset (probably will be 53 size) with Sram Force 22 and an Sram Red 22 crank. It will have Zipp service coarse sl stem/seatpost, Dura Ace Pedals, Limited edition Selle Italia Giro d'Italia Flite seat (220g). I'm going to put my current Sram red 2012 brakes on it and my current Bontrager xxx lite handlebar (around 200g).
My lbs mechanic will have a look at what size components I need etc

I have narrowed down what wheels I want on it. It will be either American Classic 420 Aero 3 (1530grams and 34mm depth) or Token C22a Superlight alloy wheelset (1291grams with what I think is just hybrid ceramic bearings). I'm not sure which to choose from though as they both do different things. I currently ride a 2012 trek 6 series and I have American Classic Sprint 350 (1410g) on it, I love those wheels.
Is 1530g going to impede on my hill climbing though? I'm young but I've decided I'm not racing anytime soon and I just want to ride long hard rides) Both wheelsets are around the same price from where I am buying them. Maybe I'll get used to the extra 150grams on those wheels?

Have a read of the American Classic 420 aero on the website and also check out the token c22a wheelset if you want and tell me what you think.
-Trek Madone 6 Series SSL 2012 with Sram Red 22 and American Classic Aero 420 wheels
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I have Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C wheels that weigh 1551g and I don't feel that they impede my climbing.

I'm a big dude, so I wanted wheels that were solid, but if you're lighter I'd go with the Token. This is WW after all.

efeballi

by efeballi

I was considering Tokens but I've heard of two occasions where the rear hub is toasted due to water inside the hub. They're superb wheels considering the specs anyhow.
They weighed 1450 grams IIRC. There may be an update or redesign or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

I can prevent water getting in the rear hub by have grease film covering the entry points maybe? The new Token wheels look pretty good though, American classic 420s are very very nice though.
-Trek Madone 6 Series SSL 2012 with Sram Red 22 and American Classic Aero 420 wheels
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!

michel2

by michel2

if those 150 grams are going to be an issue i would cancel the order all together (-:
both those wheel sets are light in anyone's book.

off topic:
efeballi, are you involved with mining in turkey ? i am in Australia.i obviously heard about what happened over there, must have been terrible, im happy i work on the surface, never had to go underground yet.

efeballi

by efeballi

GreenGoat93, I wouldn't take the risk. Well your hub might very well end up okay but still.

Michel2, PM'd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

Yeah I just ordered the 11speed American Classic 420 aero 3 wheelset. Walked into the shop to talk about getting Am classic wheels and it just so happened that the rep that does Am Classic was there. HA. Can't wait.
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!