Cannondale CAAD10 - 6.24kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

argus

by argus

Wow, congrats. Can't believe you were able to get that weight on a frame that's 1300+ grams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LinasR

by LinasR

Sram RED shifters 219g?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

That's just for the shifters without the hoods and clamps. Look at the build list, the clamps and hoods are listed seperately.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

argus wrote:Wow, congrats. Can't believe you were able to get that weight on a frame that's 1300+ grams.

Thanks! Took a lot of planning and researching. I could get it much lower with lighter wheels and other bits.

vtspot

by vtspot

argus wrote:Wow, congrats. Can't believe you were able to get that weight on a frame that's 1300+ grams.

Strongly agree with that. Wow... great work, mate. :thumbup:

Delorre

by Delorre

drainyoo wrote:Took a lot of planning and researching. I could get it much lower with lighter wheels and other bits.

Or you could improve reliability and stiffness with a regular Red cassette, f.ex a 3t stem and stiffer chainrings, while keeping the weight that low with lighter wheels. Seems like a win-win for me :wink: But really stunning and good looking bike as is :thumbup:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Delorre wrote:
drainyoo wrote:Took a lot of planning and researching. I could get it much lower with lighter wheels and other bits.

Or you could improve reliability and stiffness with a regular Red cassette, f.ex a 3t stem and stiffer chainrings, while keeping the weight that low with lighter wheels. Seems like a win-win for me :wink: But really stunning and good looking bike as is :thumbup:

I'd rather not go with lighter wheels, these Mavics feels bullet-proof. I'm a big dude. Plus, the stem and rings feel stiff enough to me.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

vtspot wrote:

Strongly agree with that. Wow... great work, mate. :thumbup:

Thanks!

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Absolutely love it! Took a double-take when I saw that weight for a CAAAD 10 - really well done. I've been a bit "stuck" on 6.3 for my SuperSix, this has given me more than a few dangerous ideas :-)

Two quick ones: - have you had any issues with the Ultrastar expander? Any installation or shift issues with the Extralight rings?

Thanks!

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Thanks! Ideas are good! I've been thinking about how to drop it below 6.2. I can do it two ways. The bigger-bang way is to get lighter wheels, but I love the Mavics. The other way is to spend an additional $800 for a Tiso FD, Yaban Ti Chain, Fibre-lyte rings and KCNC Ti cables, but all this only saves me about 100g. Doesn't seem worth it. Can't see any other areas where I can drop considerable weight. I think I'm close to the limit with this size frame and wheels.

To answer your questions, no problems at all with any of the Extralite stuff. I just put some carbon paste on the outside of the expander so it wouldn't slip. The rings installed very easily and the shifting is great.

locktopus

by locktopus

One way to go below 6.2 is to find a black anodized frame.

I just measured the mass of my 60 cm version.
Fork: 414 g (uncut, w/ crown race)
Frame: 1355 g (including headset bearings, BB bearings, cage bolts, derailleur hanger and stock Cannondale seat post clamp and a few zip ties)

This puts a stripped 60 cm black frame at ~1200 g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com