2014 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Updated 03/01/16)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rheosibal

by rheosibal

jas wrote:Very tidy bike. How does the ride compare to the Evo?

Thanks! This thing is an a** hatchet! Lol jokes aside, I don't think the CAAD outperforms an Evo, but to me, it comes close. Aluminum is pretty rough, especially on crappy roads, but I think a carbon seatpost and the correct psi will help with the compliance.

Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon stage" with this CAAD, but I'm super happy I went this direction. I seriously love this bike :thumbup:
Last edited by rheosibal on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

panicos81

by panicos81

wow... i'm on the fence of getting a caad10 or a super six, and you are not helping..

dddavid

by dddavid

easy. get a caad. even at the 105 level the difference in msrp is $400 which will put a nice dent in the inevitable upgrade itch

panicos81

by panicos81

dddavid wrote:easy. get a caad. even at the 105 level the difference in msrp is $400 which will put a nice dent in the inevitable upgrade itch

well the quotes i get stand like this

caad10 3 ultegra 1650 euro
caad 10 5 105 1400
supersix evo 105 1900 euro..

sorry to hijack the thread, your opinions are welcome though :)

tomyboy2

by tomyboy2

Dark Silver, black...
...beautiful combinationn. :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

Having owned many a CAAD and EVO I can firmly say that if it came between a sort of base spec non Hi Mod EVO or a CAAD with a better groupset and wheels, I'd chose the CAAD every single day of the week. There really is not that much of a ride comfort difference especially in the larger sizes. Weight is the biggest difference, but I would rather ride a CAAD with DA9000 than an Evo with Ultegra, for example. To the OP not that Ultegra is bad in any way, but in terms of buying new and comparing. Unfortunately Cannondale doesn't sell parts that have much resale value so you have to factor in replacing the cockpit and most likely the wheels.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Just get a CAAD! I'm not saying an Evo is bad, but if you go with an Evo, might as well go Hi-Mod. In terms of the CAAD, is perfect for a lower budget. You could go cheap frame (in terms of cost), and sweet components.

I went from an Evo to a CAAD because cost wise, it was the smartest investment I could make. After getting hit by a car with my first bike, replacing a frame takes forever, especially if you don't have cash in hand to replace it instantly. In my case, I'm still in college, and the money does not come by easily.

Thanks for the compliments. My bike is pretty sweet as is, and I cannot wait for the final result once I post the updates.

Cheers!

rheosibal

by rheosibal

panicos81 wrote:
dddavid wrote:easy. get a caad. even at the 105 level the difference in msrp is $400 which will put a nice dent in the inevitable upgrade itch

well the quotes i get stand like this

caad10 3 ultegra 1650 euro
caad 10 5 105 1400
supersix evo 105 1900 euro..

sorry to hijack the thread, your opinions are welcome though :)

The CAAD10-3 ultegra is pretty sweet IMO.

panicos81

by panicos81

thanks for the opinions guys.. will go for the caad.. especially after seeing how this one looks :)

now have to decide whether to get the 105 and upgrade the wheels or the ultegra.. anw..

back to the thread..

great bike :)

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

caad10 is the illest bicycle forreal. OP i like that paint scheme

caad10 is stiff but 'not comfy on the road?' either yal dont ride enough, or yal need some better componentry on your mod list.

edit just saw the brake cable through headtube trick. Man im jealous of these new toys!

rheosibal

by rheosibal

The 2014 model is too awesome. It's also set up for di2 compatible, so I'm on the fence right now for deciding between 6800 and 6870 :noidea:

mythical

by mythical

This has to be the nicest CAAD10 color scheme I've seen. I'm sure it'll look even better with the latest Ultegra. :thumbup:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Very nice build. Love the color scheme.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Raced a 40k TT this weekend. Improvised with a Thomson Masterpiece, and 3T clip-on extensions.

Last edited by rheosibal on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Just ruined my keyboard....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com