HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:53 pm 

Yes, I agree. But better late than never.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:20 am 

Chanced upon this review http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -cr-48501/ and am surprised to see it being rated so poorly, thought it was quite fair to be honest. I don't find the cleats rocking around the pedals excessively unless I'm aggressively pulling up on it, though I do think that the cleats could do with a redesign, if only to maximise the wider platform on the blade 2 now. What are your thoughts on it?

Oh, and one negative point about the new wider platform is that it nicks my calves frequently when I walk beside it, though it's probably my own stupidity. The wider area is really great and is a noticeable improvement definitely.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:20 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:04 am 

I've now done coming up to a 1000 miles with them now and on a recent trip to Hungary, I have cut my shins numerous times trying to clip in and out through the traffic of Budapest :shock: :twisted:

I've also found that using the normal grey cleats that there seems to be a lot of movement when putting the pressure down.

I have to admit that it was a delight to go back to one of my previous bikes with the original blades on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:15 am 

Kayrehn wrote:
Chanced upon this review http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -cr-48501/ and am surprised to see it being rated so poorly, thought it was quite fair to be honest. I don't find the cleats rocking around the pedals excessively unless I'm aggressively pulling up on it, though I do think that the cleats could do with a redesign, if only to maximise the wider platform on the blade 2 now. What are your thoughts on it?

Oh, and one negative point about the new wider platform is that it nicks my calves frequently when I walk beside it, though it's probably my own stupidity. The wider area is really great and is a noticeable improvement definitely.

I actually found that a pretty interesting review, it isn't often that you see a negative review for a flagship product but in this case I think it's justified. The Look Keo's in general have some glaring issues (as mentioned) and that really is un-acceptable especially considering how long the design has been out, their competition (Shimano Pedals) and their price point.

It's nice to see a website actually call that stuff out instead of just waxing on about the weight. Interesting point as well about the Exustar cleats as a replacement. In looking at the photo's the Ex's seem to have wider/thicker contact area's around the toe and the back part which might help them fit more snugly?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:19 am 

If it's a review coming from James Huang, he pretty much call it like it is. Though it's rare to see a product fail to perform as expected these days.

The glowing review in Bikeradar usually comes from the article in their Cycling Plus magazine no?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:01 pm 

Yes..the reviews in there are a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 am 

Rick wrote:
Another niggle:
I looked down yesterday and noticed that the thin carbon border at the outer edge of one pedal, at the edge of the stainless wear plate, had chipped off.
I don't even know when this happened. It must have been some minor random bump or a missed entry or something that put stress on it, because I certainly have not touched the pedal in any corners.

I have obviously reaped some bad karma for ridiculing the sharp outer edge of the new Time Expressos in other posts. :oops:

The thin carbon edge of the Looks is also apparently very fragile. Since it left a ragged carbon edge I smoothed it off and rounded it a little with sandpaper so it is just flush with the wear plate at the outer edge. It still looks OK.

I should probably mention that I still like the pedals. But it is easier to posts about specific problems than to just post "worked good today".

Did I mention they are light ? :thumbup:

My Look Keo Blade 2 did the same thing. Small chip in the carbon pedal body on the outside of the pedal. Appears to be more cosmetic than functional. Nonetheless, I am disappointed, as these are the Ti model and they were expensive. Seems like a design flaw. I wonder if a redesigned Keo Blade 3 model will be coming out later this summer?

Last edited by fogman on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 pm 

I got rid of my blade 2s just could not stand the creaking and cracking under load,just like as if I had a crack in the frame.
Now I use dura ace 9000 seems to be very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:19 pm 

markyboy wrote:
I got rid of my blade 2s just could not stand the creaking and cracking under load,just like as if I had a crack in the frame.

Mark I originally had that and discovered if you put a little grease under the cleat front and rear that it stopped.

I have to admit that the slackness does my head and shins in, total over kill to avoid the ingress of water which to me was never a problem anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:25 pm 

Velonutter wrote:
markyboy wrote:

Mark I originally had that and discovered if you put a little grease under the cleat front and rear that it stopped.

I have to admit that the slackness does my head and shins in, total over kill to avoid the ingress of water which to me was never a problem anyway.

Hi john,
I have dura ace 9000 fitted now and they seem very nice,also when you unclip they hang in the correct position.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 pm 

markyboy wrote:
Velonutter wrote:
markyboy wrote:

Hi john,
I have dura ace 9000 fitted now and they seem very nice,also when you unclip they hang in the correct position.

But Mark you have mentioned that very naughty naughty word!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:28 pm 

I wanted to wait until I have had some mileage in on my Keo Blade 2's Ti version before giving my review. I honestly so far really like them, I will admit it took some time to get used to them but once I did I see no real hassle with them. I like how the pedals do not drop and in my experience the only real time I am riding and clip out is at a stop light or stop sign. Left foot at the 12 o'clock position I clip out when I start out I do one rotation with my right foot still clipped in and my left pedal is still in a position that I can clip right in. I like the look, the weight and so far the performance of the pedal. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm 

Have been using my Keo Blade 2 for about 3 months and I am really happy about them(and so are my knees), compared to the Speedplay Zero I swapped them for. Had been having the same issues with creaking, but somewhere on the internet found a thread about that. I bought a pair of Exustar cleats ( can´t remember what model, but they are red) and so far that has completely eliminated the creaking. Of course it isn´t acceptable to buy a product in that price range and having to change the cleats, but I´m really happy with every other aspect of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:07 pm 

Mine has been silent.. Easy to clip in .. Harder to get out then I thought for a 12nm though.... I like them a lot so far

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:36 pm 

How do i change the tension? Is the tension blade sold separately and what's the costs? I bought a 12Nm Ti and wish I went for the 16Nm. It's a little bit louder to clip in and out compare to my Keo Max (non carbon) but by all means it's not that tight..just a little bit more than my Keo Max.

Can I buy the 16Nm blade anywhere?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:36 pm 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next