Which Trek Madone to get?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Which one would you choose?

Option 1: Trek Madone 7 Vapor Coat, Lime Green - $7916.98
38%
Option 2: Trek Madone 7 Stock Color, Matte Starry Night Black/Cyan/Yellow - $7076.97
56%
Option 3: Trek Madone 6 Stock Color, Trek White/Bright Silver/Cyan - $6845.96
6%

Total votes: 32

MNX1024

by MNX1024

So, after taking three months to mull over what new bike(and its configuration) I should get, finally decided on a Trek Madone from Project One. Now, here's the problem, I'm having a very, very hard time deciding between three different frames with the exact same built. This is where I need some help from fellow Weight Weenies member.

All bikes will be built with the following specifications:

Groupset: Shimano Ultegra Di2, 6870
Handlebar: Bontrager Race XXX Lite Aero VR-CF
Stem: Bontrager Race XXX Lite
Saddle: Bontrager Paradigm RXXL Carbon

Color will be the same as the below options.

Option 1: Trek Madone 7 Vapor Coat, Lime Green - $7916.98
My dream color on a bike! Been wanting a green bike for ages and this actually comes in the shade of green I want too! Also, a vapor coat to boot, meaning less weight :lol:. But, this is stretching my budget to the utmost limit where I will be emptying my cash flow account since I will be getting a custom wheelset built that's going to tack on an extra $1800USD.

Option 2: Trek Madone 7 Stock Color, Matte Starry Night Black/Cyan/Yellow - $7076.97
Let's say I want to save some money and forgo my beloved paint job, this will be what I would be getting. Though, I really don't like the color scheme, heck all of the other stock colors for a Madone 7 are not to my liking. :cry: My only other option I would like would be the stock "Matte Trek Black/Dinister Black" color scheme, the same color scheme as the 7.9 and 7 series frameset, but this is boring, boring, boring. Well, this would be my option if I really need to save money.

Option 3: Trek Madone 6 Stock Color, Trek White/Bright Silver/Cyan - $6845.96
Came across this when I want to further my saving. Wow, this color scheme is just absolutely gorgeous and stunning, though I still like option 1 more :D . Definitely beats the color scheme of the stock 7 series. Only issue is that there's only $231.01 price difference between this and a stock color 7 series. With about 250 grams heavier and the price to weight ratio, absolutely a no brainier choice as a weight weenie on what to get. Which makes no sense economically to choose a 6 over a 7 series with that difference.

So yeah, having a very hard time deciding which one to get. It would be nice if you guys can talk me into getting one of them. For those who are wondering, why not save up more money and just get the dream bike? Well, by the time I save up money this season would be over and I'm currently having a fidgety right shifter with a somewhat faulty rear derailleur on my current bike.
Last edited by MNX1024 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

wait for the new super light bike that is coming out soon.. Emonda SLR might be $$$$$
Last edited by spdntrxi on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I'm sticking with the Trek Madone for a variety of reasons and let's just say one of them is, I'm getting it at a discount.

Edit:
@spdntrxi Misread your post early and also did not know what the Emonda SLR is. After Googling it, it seems to be a new Trek bike, is that true? Do you mind sharing what ever information you have of it?

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Lime green vapour coat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

grover

by grover

If there's anyway you can afford the 7 series custom green you should do that. It's a dream bike. You'd hope you'll keep it for a while. My thinking is when you get sick of the stock colour 7 series and sell it, you'll make a loss and have to buy something else. Where as you'll keep the custom green 7 series for longer, saving you money in the long term, and get more enjoyment out of it. Same for the 6 series, it's not the best. THere'll always be that little niggle that you didn't get the green 7 series.

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

they do also have a stock color with some lime green in it... :D

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I'd throw in another option. I would buy the frame and then go all Shimano components including Dura Ace Wheels. The Bontrager brakes are reportedly not as good as Shimano which is the acknowledged leader in braking performance.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

asdf123

by asdf123

I advice you to not get fixed on a particular color cause you can always repaint it at a professional shop usually for much less money.

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

Go with what you love. You will never have any regrets. Besides, it is only money. :-)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

MNX1024 wrote:I'm sticking with the Trek Madone for a variety of reasons and let's just say one of them is, I'm getting it at a discount.

Edit:
@spdntrxi Misread your post early and also did not know what the Emonda SLR is. After Googling it, it seems to be a new Trek bike, is that true? Do you mind sharing what ever information you have of it?

I don't know much other then rumored name (Emonda) listed in UCI approved list as such. They use SLR which Trek has used in the past "super light road or racing" No mention of KVF tubing shape.. so sounding like a light climbing bike. Wish I knew more.

I hate when I get something and the next week it's replaced... I wish I knew the timing of emonda, although it sounds like the madone will be in the lineup still.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

kdawg

by kdawg

I like the green but for $1100 I'd choose the white one of those three.
I'm left handed, if that matters.

euan

by euan

Climbing bike will appear at the Dauphine. Usually when Trek debut a new race bike its available pretty soon after.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

And so it exists!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

It's the old Madone :)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Nope. Direct-mount brakes and the TFR badging. That's a new bike (not a Domane, because it doesn't have the isoSpeed decoupler).

BTW, where did you get the photo from? My friends are trying to get the scoop on the bike.
Last edited by FIJIGabe on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.