SwiftCarbon Ultravox RS-1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Thought I'd make a thread to share this:

It's going to replace the old Giant that I had, which is now going to be used as the bad weather bike (not that I ride in bad weather :lol: )

Weighs in at 7.4kg completely stock, which I'm pretty happy about. I might get some carbon race wheels sometime, but right now I'm going to work on my flexibility to get that slem down!
Last edited by istigatrice on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

What wheels are on it?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Easton ea70

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Krull

by Krull

Better picture available, from the opposite-side? Thanks,

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I'll get a pic from the other side once I get this sorted:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Yup, I think it was a faulty clamp

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Got the seatclamp sorted! Turns out I was riding an older design which had similar issues

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Thought I'd post a litte update:

I've put 6000ks on the bike now and I'm very impressed with the bike. It's very responsive and surprisingly does a better job of dampening road vibrations than the giant, despite an alloy post. Climbs really well (better than the rider :lol: ) and it's a very stable descender. The Giant feels a tad twitchy when you switch between, though it's something you adjust to quickly.

I'm really loving the bike, it's fun to ride and makes getting up early for the group ride that little bit easier. I used to always think its bogus when reading a review on a bike saying it's "inspirational" but now I kinda get what they mean (still think most of it is in the head though :wink: ).

Am thinking of getting some new pedals, thinking about the Ultegra 6800, I'd like to stick to the Shimano system but unsure if I should splash out or just get the "basic" ones. I don't think there's much weight difference :|

Lowered the front a little:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Pic from this morning's ride:

Also got some new pedals, they're underweight :D (although still heavier than speedplays :lol: )

Before:

After:

Valy

by Valy

Nice bike!

What do you say about the new pedals compared to the old (5700?) ones?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

In anwser to your question: They feel very similar in terms of clicking in and out, its purely a weight/cosmetic upgrade. A bit like the 105 vs ultegra group sets tbh.

I've got the entry level r540 pedals on another bike, I'd say the 105 and ultegra are definetly a step up from that though, the click is much more positive.

Krull

by Krull

looks good! nice colour scheme. :thumbup:

Valy

by Valy

Thanks, I've been half thinking of ultegra/ da for a while but don't have problems with 5700 after close 15 k km :p

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Update:

Decided to "slam" the front end and get a new saddle... Surprisingly, getting lower is more comfy, actually removed any back pains I had on 3hr+ rides (I thought the pain was from not being flexible enough). I'm now placing less weight on my hands. Maybe I was too high up initially. Might decide to get a slamthatstem bearing cover or similar in future to see if I'm still too high, I'm a little bit confused about which covers will/won't fit though.

From the side:

Suspect weight is closer to 7.2kg, probably around 7.5 with pedals

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com