Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

siriz75

by siriz75

seanblurr wrote:My size 50 FM069 frame was 880g

Same.....my 50 FM069 frame was 880g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalkie

by chalkie

Here's mine:
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/103539683@N04/14143574397/

FM066SL, size 56 frame was 900g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pagey

by pagey

I run Ultergra 6800 cranks no issue

russianbear

by russianbear

I hope the 069 has the same clearance as the 066. I'm really looking forward to sticking some Parigi Roubaix tires on it.

robbern

by robbern

My FM069 58cm UD matt is now under way. Bought directly from Hong Fu through Summer. Paid via PayPal and had my tracking number the next day.

I went with the BB30 version as I have a set of FSA SLK Light cranks to use for the bike. Can I get any kind of BB30 BB to use? I've read a lot about creaking and BB30 BBs, are there any precautions I can do to minimize the chance of creaking?

If it turns out that I am too weak to do the standard crankset I also have a set of FC7950's. Can I use a FSA BB30 to BSA adapter to fit it and can the adapter be removed at a later point if I should need/want to switch back?

SL06

by SL06

prendrefeu wrote:Does anyone have the weight of an FM069SL in 53 frame and fork?

While I wait for an estimate on frame repair after extensive damage, I'm considering my options... while I absolutely *LOVE* my current frame and it rides like no other - but possibly too stiff actually - if there is an opportunity to go lighter with a wash in cost, it may be worth considering.

I have just finish to build a HF-FM069 size 50 bike . The frame and fork weight was 888 and 376 g. Hope this help. The size 50 was for my 5ft8 rider and it fit perfectly. I am 5 ft6 and but with long arm and leg and it also fit me well. Make shure to check the horizontal tube length (and other spec) to be shure you have the wright size.

Build was with the new Ultegra 6800 and the front derailleur was touching the frame and could not be set perfectly. I have a post on this on RoadBikereview forum. Make a search on HF-FM069 + Shimano ultegra 6800.

SL06

by SL06

hernluis wrote:any body have issues installing an ultegra double 6800 derailleur. ive heard some issues with other dengfu frames that the spring hits the frame.

I have a post on Roadbikereview forum regarding this issue. Do a search with HF-FM069 and Shimano ultegra 6800 11V.

First, I had to cut the excess length of the spring of the derailleur flush to the leg that hold it
With a 52-36 crank, the leg of the spring tend to touch the frame, when you jower the derailleur in position. The closest I could get to the big chanring was 4 mm instead of the 1-3 recommended. I have tried to place some shim on the derailleur and the holder to aleviate the problem without success. Hong-Fu is sending me a new derailleur holder but I have not received yet.

At 4 mm above the chainring, it shift fine, but could may be )or not be improve if it was lower.

If you have a 50-34 compact crank the problem will be a lot worse.... A standard crank with a 53 chainring might be Ok after cutting the derailleur spring.à

This problem is caused by the specific design of the 6800 derailleur. The Dura-Ace version seems to have the same design as the 6800 from the picture I saw.

I would recommend to check with HongFu if you want to go with HF-FM069 + ultegra 6800 combinaison, before ordering.
SRAM or Campy, or Shimano 10 spd wont have this issue, from what I know.

I am waiting for the front derailleur holder from Hong-Fu and post the result on the Roadbikereview forum.
Hong FU assure me of there full support to solved the problem (including returning the frame if I want to)

UPDATE :

I have received the new derailleur holder and it did not solve completely the problem. The best I could get is 3mm above the chainring. Shifting is fine. However, this wont solve the problem if you have a 50-34 crank since the derailleur have to go another 4 mm lower.

Except for this , the frame is very good and Hong FU said that they will help. So contact them if you run in the same problem.
Microshift is coming with a 11V front derailleur Shimano compatible very soon. This could be an option.

Again, this is a compatibility issue between the 6800 front derailleur and the FM069 frame. You shpuld not get this issue with other groupsets.
Last edited by SL06 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

A 1~2mm spacer between the BB and the frame would probably solve the problem.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Pivens wrote:Here is mine. It's a 45cm IP066 SL, (the same as FM066 SL) the frame weighs exactly 850g, and the bike, as pictured, weighs in at ~6.7 kg.
The build is still not definitive though, as non matching yellow housings will go in favour of black or matching highlight yellow housings.

May I ask how you source an IP066SL in Europe? I note that they come in smaller sizes than FM066SL, but is the same frame as FM066SL. Thanks.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

Valbrona wrote:
Pivens wrote:Here is mine. It's a 45cm IP066 SL, (the same as FM066 SL) the frame weighs exactly 850g, and the bike, as pictured, weighs in at ~6.7 kg.
The build is still not definitive though, as non matching yellow housings will go in favour of black or matching highlight yellow housings.

May I ask how you source an IP066SL in Europe? I note that they come in smaller sizes than FM066SL, but is the same frame as FM066SL. Thanks.

Now IP-066-SL have size 45/48/50/52/54/56/58/60cm. and the price of IP-066-SL from IPLAY is about 600usd/set. their email: bella@xmiplay.cn or Peter@xmiplay.cn
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

robbern

by robbern

My frame arrived:

size 58 UD bb30.

kotenok

by kotenok

Hi,

I'm currently weighing 115kg.

Could you advise me a frame how could support my weigh? FM069?FM066 or anther one?

Best regards

Fabien

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Probably something along the lines of a Caad10. I can get this thing to flex pretty well under load and I am only 68kg
Instagram @seanblurr

robbern

by robbern

Finally making some progress on my FM069, hope to get the drivetrain on tomorrow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

totoboa

by totoboa

robbern, based on my uneducated look at your frame pics, it appears that routing cables is straight forward. Was this the case with your frame ? Am I missing anything ? thanks !!