Light but Colnogo C59 ride quality?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Why not invest in lowering the weight of the C59 you love?
I doubt the grass will be greener with a different frame if you already love the fit and ride of the C59.

Internal Di2 is the first step and some MCFK, bars, stem, post and EE brakes would help as well.

I have my C59 at 13.5 lbs and it is extremely durable everyday driver and I regularly hit dirt roads. No need to go any lighter IMO.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rogerkdvm

by Rogerkdvm

So is remodeling the 2010 C 59 that has external Di2 10 speed Battery up to internal battery 11 speed possible with that frame? That is 250 Gm. of penalty right there. 13.5 lb. with clinchers or 1000 Gm. tubulars?

nmrt

by nmrt

Try the 2014 BMC SLR01.
You might just be surprised by how well is competes with a C59 in terms of ride quality.

mjduct

by mjduct

austke wrote:Keep your C59 for comfort rides. And build a new ride. Weight weenie style.

^^^^^^This!!!

I've been weenie-building/ upgrading a cervelo R5 for about 3 years, I'm getting into the comfort game now with a Colnago, remember the secret formula to number of bikes needed:

n+1

n= number of bikes owned.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

fromtrektocolnago wrote:One pound on a bike is not going to make a material difference. One pound is the weight of a filled water bottle. Ask yourself if you ride any faster with or without a filled bottle. There are a great deal more important factors in a road bike. If the frame is too stiff and your body takes all the impact of the ride and tires you out at the end of a long bike ride, then that is going to matter far more than 16 ounces. Add to that stability or how well the wheels stay planted. I ride a c-59 and the thing that I love about it, is you instantly feel that you and not the bike are the limiting factor and any training and improvements you make in your legs and endurance will be rewarded. In the one year since I've owned my c-59 my speed on long rides 50-100 miles has improved by 2.5 miles per hour, and that's with significant climbs.

Agree that Colnago intentionally makes the c-59 a little heavier, in order to make it durable. Make a 700 gram frame and something's going to have to give, be it stiffness, durability or comfort.

Wrong forum bro.
and to add my opinion. Parlee or that dude in Texas whose name always escapes me but also builds custom carbon.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

vdrey

by vdrey

Guy in Texas=Crumpton

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hasbeen

by hasbeen

merci vdrey.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Rogerkdvm wrote:So is remodeling the 2010 C 59 that has external Di2 10 speed Battery up to internal battery 11 speed possible with that frame? That is 250 Gm. of penalty right there. 13.5 lb. with clinchers or 1000 Gm. tubulars?

Yes, you can remove the left side cable stop in one piece and replace it with an oval Di2 cable stop frame insert. You will need to drill a small hole in the rear dropout for the RD cable (same place as Di2 model) but the rest can be run internally with a seatpost battery. FD wire will need to come up from the BB shell hole underneath the frame and be zip-tied to seattube so as not to require drilling for the FD.

13.5 with CCU tubulars.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim