Continous Cannondale Evo Problems and tragicomical warranty

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boralb

by Boralb

Butcher wrote:As a Mercedes Mechanic for over 30 years, Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, they would not give you a new car. They would fix it [As a McLaren and Maybach tech too, they would not either]. Matter of fact, I know when there is damage to cars when they get shipped oversea to America, they are repaired, and sold as new. As soon as you purchase it, you will not get a new one. If you Lemon Law it, you rarely ever get a new car. That said, there are bigger money issues and not to mention, there is a VIN that you would have to wonder about.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just saying. Especially since they are warranting a frame, they never said you are entitled to a new one [guessing on the fine print of the warranty paperwork]. It is usually in their best interest to set you up with a new one. That's where a good employee would step up and perform a final QC inspection before they ship it to you. If that was repaired before you got it, you most likely may have not noticed it and we all would be having a good Thanksgiving day [at least in the USA].

Yes, you're right. I've heard similar issues related with bmw also..
And the main reason of all my cases are due to the poor qc of their factory, as i've mentioned many times.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving Day and holiday:)

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i'm surprised to hear of these issues. i've had very good luck with cannondales- my present Evo being my 3rd cannondale.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

Wow, you have had the most incredible run of bad luck. I hope that the next frame is ok.

afalts

by afalts

eric wrote:Wow, you have had the most incredible run of bad luck. I hope that the next frame is ok.

Agreed. I have a friend that works at a Cannondale dealer, I asked him if they had any troubles with the Evo's. He says they haven't had a single problem yet (he said they sell 50+, closer to 100 evo's per year). Have seen a good chunk of the previous super six's come back though...

Oswald

by Oswald

I don't know about Mercedes, but I used to work in the quality department at a Honda logistics center and was amazed on a daily basis at how high the Honda standards were. Even the smallest cosmetic imperfections were not allowed to escape quality control. Letting a defect pass qc, like the one that Boralb is facing with, would probably be punished by death sentence at Honda :lol:

synthesis

by synthesis

At the shop I worked in until resonantly, they have a mountain bike team, three riders bought a Scalpel 29 carbon team, all cracked in the frame. They got new frames under warranty, but all decided to buy a Scott Spark 900 SL instead.

gitsome

by gitsome

If it were me I'd expect a new frame fwiw especially form a company as large as Cannondale, that should be a no-brainer it seems to me. I'd be pissed.
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Oswald wrote:I don't know about Mercedes, but I used to work in the quality department at a Honda logistics center and was amazed on a daily basis at how high the Honda standards were. Even the smallest cosmetic imperfections were not allowed to escape quality control. Letting a defect pass qc, like the one that Boralb is facing with, would probably be punished by death sentence at Honda :lol:

I performed a PDI [Pre Delivery Inspection, ie the last QC] on a McLaren SLR [$400,000]. I noticed the all black interior had a red stitching on the interior door handle [like the limited edition 722 version], but only on the right side. I tried to order the correct one, I had an argument with the Sales Manager and the Service Manager about it. I was told not to mention it at all. So it was delivered as is. To this day, the customer has not noticed that the right interior door handle has red stitching and the entire car has black stitching. Every time I worked on it, I did.

I won't mention about all the distorted front windshields or Maybach flaws.

That is one reason Mercedes is no longer on top or ever will be anymore.

michel2

by michel2

afalts wrote:
eric wrote:Wow, you have had the most incredible run of bad luck. I hope that the next frame He says they haven't had a single problem yet (he said they sell 50+, closer to 100 evo's per year). Have seen a good chunk of the previous super six's come back though...

That'll be one big super store !

Boralb

by Boralb

synthesis wrote:At the shop I worked in until resonantly, they have a mountain bike team, three riders bought a Scalpel 29 carbon team, all cracked in the frame. They got new frames under warranty, but all decided to buy a Scott Spark 900 SL instead.

Glad that cannondale didn't also advise them to repair that cracks by using epoxy, as they did to me.
And finally a very good decision.

gitsome wrote:If it were me I'd expect a new frame fwiw especially form a company as large as Cannondale, that should be a no-brainer it seems to me. I'd be pissed.

That's exactly how i feel.

Boralb

by Boralb

My 4th replacement frame arrived from cannondale as defective again, and my dealer doesn't response anymore.
Their lifetime warranty has finally ended, without riding it.
The End...

Yiannis-Super 6.

by Yiannis-Super 6.

I'd love to hear their side.
10 SuperSix Hi-Mod
07 System 6.
06 Caad 8
90s Merlin Extralight.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Butcher wrote:
Oswald wrote:I don't know about Mercedes, but I used to work in the quality department at a Honda logistics center and was amazed on a daily basis at how high the Honda standards were. Even the smallest cosmetic imperfections were not allowed to escape quality control. Letting a defect pass qc, like the one that Boralb is facing with, would probably be punished by death sentence at Honda :lol:

I performed a PDI [Pre Delivery Inspection, ie the last QC] on a McLaren SLR [$400,000]. I noticed the all black interior had a red stitching on the interior door handle [like the limited edition 722 version], but only on the right side. I tried to order the correct one, I had an argument with the Sales Manager and the Service Manager about it. I was told not to mention it at all. So it was delivered as is. To this day, the customer has not noticed that the right interior door handle has red stitching and the entire car has black stitching. Every time I worked on it, I did.

I won't mention about all the distorted front windshields or Maybach flaws.

That is one reason Mercedes is no longer on top or ever will be anymore.

I just checked my car and you are right. I will take it back this morning.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Boralb wrote:My 4th replacement frame arrived from cannondale as defective again, and my dealer doesn't response anymore.
Their lifetime warranty has finally ended, without riding it.
The End...

Wow, that really sucks! Thank god I'm not considering a Cannondale anymore. The Evo was on my list of bikes that I wanted to get when shopping for a new one.

Since your dealer doesn't respond anymore, complaining on any of Cannondale's social media's page should get their attention somehow. That's actually one of the best way to get corporate to pay attention to you.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

A friend is going through the warranty process with Cannondale to get his 2012 EVO replaced. So far they seem very good about it. The dealer couldn't remedy the creaky bottom bracket so looks like he'll be getting a new frame. Trouble is, unless they've remedied the underlying Quality Control issues, he runs the risk of getting a new frame with the same problem. But we'll see how it turns out.

And regarding the following quote:
MNX1024 wrote:...
Since your dealer doesn't respond anymore, complaining on any of Cannondale's social media's page should get their attention somehow. That's actually one of the best way to get corporate to pay attention to you.
Very much agree with this, providing forum moderators don't unilaterally decide what should and shouldn't be posted, then go on to remove posts they don't like, even though there is nothing offensive in them other than an opinion which differs from their own.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com