"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Maybe he's got some psychological issues....
Obviously you have to always back yourself and go thru with it, but there's obviously something pressing going on..

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using crapatalk
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

xena
Banned

by xena

Farrar cannot sprint with the best anymore and does not look like a classics winner and cannot climb. Sprinting was always is thing and if he cannot get back his best form then it's game over.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

Why do pro teams use campy pads when they're not sponsored by them (in sram brakes for instance)? The recent cyclingnews giro tech gallery had a few of those pictures.

ave

by ave

Maybe they got them for free. The other reason I can think of is that they are good, perhaps? :)

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Its that Shimano stuff they can get for free. :wink:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

PSM

by PSM

sanddancer wrote:People keep citing the Wouter Weylandt thing. Don't buy it myself.

Why not?

Have you ever lost a friend in an accident while you were doing things together?

sanddancer

by sanddancer

If it's affecting him badly enough that he can't concentrate enough while in a group without causing a pile up after three years, then he needs to pull out of the sport and get therapy.

I can easily understand him being upset by it still, any maybe for the rest of his life. I don't doubt that. A Shleck style loss of drive and motivation, sure. I can understand if it would make him nervous of fast descents or pushing at the edge of control. But yesterday's accident? Same old typical numptiness from Farrar as far as I see it.

Even without his mistakes and crashes, I still can't fathom how he has his job. Dodgy photos of Vaughters is the best I can come up with.

jo.k

by jo.k

Ian Boswell's Tour of California data

Commenters on Michael Hutchinson's twitter suggests that Boswell's got a very strong right leg 8)

mentok

by mentok

So Orica-Greenedge's DS Matty White said today that they're shopping for a grand tour GC rider for next season -- who's available, who might they be after?

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I heard on local radio EBH and GT are possibilities....not sure if it's just speculation but apparently GTs contract expires this year?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

plpete

by plpete

jo.k wrote:Ian Boswell's Tour of California data

Commenters on Michael Hutchinson's twitter suggests that Boswell's got a very strong right leg 8)

Sounds like they were trying to make fun of Stages power meters. Unfortunately they failed as Stages is mounted on the left leg side, non drive side :smartass: It's kind of funny to listen and hear how clueless they can be when it comes to gear!

brearley

by brearley

sounds like you don't get that they were trying to say the relatively low numbers for someone at the head of the race are due to his left leg (the one the power is measured from) not being as strong as his right so the actual numbers may be higher.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Agreed about the Kermesse. I had a friend go race in Belgium last year and did a couple Kermesses - he said they were intense. And the Americans weren't exactly welcomed with open arms.

Farrar doesn't look like a great bike handler from my couch... but watching Cav (try to) ride in a straight line also doesn't make me warm and fuzzy. His regular form looks like Jens on the rivet. We shouldn't even get started on Bouhanni... that guy is dangerous. They keep saying how he used to be a fighter. In a lot of his sprints - it appears to me he still doesn't mind hitting people along the way. But it looks like 3rd best sprinter in the Giro will be good enough for the points classification this year!

It seems I read somewhere that GT is already entertaining offers elsewhere. OGE might not be a bad place for him - at least he's got friends there, right?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

brearley wrote:sounds like you don't get that they were trying to say the relatively low numbers for someone at the head of the race are due to his left leg (the one the power is measured from) not being as strong as his right so the actual numbers may be higher.

Maybe I'll go back to Stages so I can use this excuse as well

maquisard

by maquisard

plpete wrote:Unfortunately they failed...

No, unfortunately you failed plpete :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com