De Rosa Protos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

paradawt

by paradawt

Beautiful!

Great build man. Great frame, nice colors. Just love it.

Congrats from Portugal.
Berria Belador 7

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Not as nice as Tilquist's ones, but what about a Barfly 2.0 mount for the garmin - that would allow you to mount the junction box to the underside and solve your rubber strap conundrum?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Wow....what a bike. Congratulations!

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Really like this build. I like the continuation of the head tube to the fork, and how it flows one to the other....if that makes sense.

Husum

by Husum

dwaharvey wrote:Not as nice as Tilquist's ones, but what about a Barfly 2.0 mount for the garmin - that would allow you to mount the junction box to the underside and solve your rubber strap conundrum?

I have the original Garmin out-front, I can use for now. But I really like the simplicity and symmetry of the Tillquist models.

Thank you all for the kind words.. :beerchug:

hasbeen

by hasbeen

That is awesome that DeRosa offers the custom stem painting. Ive wondered why other companies dont do that. I wanted a Deda stem done up when I got my Casati. Didnt pan out though. I changed the stem out anyway so probably good thing.
Seriously beautiful bike. Congrats
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

plpete

by plpete

Oooo that is nice! I've seen this bike somewhere a while a go and really liked it. Very nice job with the build. Really like the front end on it. Screams stiff and throw me into a tight corner. How do you like the geometry and overall ride characteristic?

Husum

by Husum

Went for a smaller size than my old Storck Fenomalist. I'm 187cm and the bike measures 55,45 top-tube, the Storck measured 57cm. Changed to 25mm setback on the seatpost and a 130mm stem. I definitely sit lower on this, but I've always preferred small bikes.
I haven't ridden as much as I wanted due to work. But so far it seems plenty stiff when you put the hammer down, but actually quite forgiving over potholes and rough roads. This could also come down to the wheels.
I need to ride some more before I can tell you more precisely.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice.

SimbaDK

by SimbaDK

Congrats on your new bike, it looks awesome! I really like the purple top cap screw :thumbup:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

"Aero" bike done right. Top marks.

CBJ

by CBJ

Super fed cykel!

ico

by ico

Congrats, great looking De Rosa. I'm not questioning your bike fit, but how did you managed to go down nearly two sizes? I'm too 187cm in height and can't imagine (but would like to) to ride a 55 top-tube and 14,50 head tube. You must be super flexible. My seat height is 816mm on a Look 595 with 57cm top-tube, what is yours if you don't mind me asking.

Husum

by Husum

SimbaDK wrote:Congrats on your new bike, it looks awesome! I really like the purple top cap screw :thumbup:

Haha. Tak Simba..

CBJ wrote:Super fed cykel!

Takker.. :wink:

ico wrote:Congrats, great looking De Rosa. I'm not questioning your bike fit, but how did you managed to go down nearly two sizes? I'm too 187cm in height and can't imagine (but would like to) to ride a 55 top-tube and 14,50 head tube. You must be super flexible. My seat height is 816mm on a Look 595 with 57cm top-tube, what is yours if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks. My old Storck was a 57 on paper, but felt like a 55 with a semi-tall head tube (16cm). Top-tube was longer than the De Rosa, and I ran a zero-setback seatpost and a 100mm stem. Went for a smaller size since I felt like I could go down a size from the Storck. I'm not gonna lie, but I also really like the "setback-long stem" look. My seat height is 793mm and fits me perfect with a 172,5mm chainset. My back is more or less flat when I'm in the drops, I guess I'm just flexible. :D

More pictures:

alpinestar

by alpinestar

Awsome ride!
Someone on LFGSS did this, wich is quite funny.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com