Ciamillo is Restructuring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xena
Banned

by xena

You cannot ,,,errrr I will get me coat.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i have had several Ciamillo brakes...zero gravity, negative gravity...but since, have changed everything to EE Cycleworks brakes. if you ever need to see how a person can run a well-oiled shop and sell directly besides having a few choice dealers...should take some tips from Craig. i would be willing to try another Ciamillo product once the kinks get ironed out smoothly.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

nismosr

by nismosr

I have a pair of older zeroG brakeset and they don't work on wider rim like the 808/404 and was wondering what other low profile brakepad holder will work on the brakeset somewhere half or less the price of a ciamillo brand.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Give the guy a chance for crying out loud. He's acknowledging that his customer service stinks, and he seems sincere about fixing it. He does need to earn it back. Most business owners don't have the brains and the balls to be this honest with their customers. He deserves the chance to make things right.

Looks like I missed some drama. What happened with carbonLORD?

CBJ

by CBJ

CL had given up on getting some items fixed and had been given the run around for too long and took it to the Internet to warn other people of dealing with the company.

KWalker

by KWalker

Ted- Are you an an engineer? Do you have a QA person? I ask because your parts are notorious for failing in their first few iterations and needing constant revisions. It would seem that to run an effective operation in the future you need to invest more in the design of your product than anything. People will wait for something great.

Give the guy a chance for crying out loud. He's acknowledging that his customer service stinks, and he seems sincere about fixing it. He does need to earn it back. Most business owners don't have the brains and the balls to be this honest with their customers. He deserves the chance to make things right.

Looks like I missed some drama. What happened with carbonLORD?

Its not just his service. Have you followed the issues with the newest cranks? A local rider has broken 3 sets of them in different places. That to me indicates he had either no idea what he was doing with the design or materials used in the product. The brakes have often been delayed and have had compatibility issues with multiple types of wheels, which were fixed, but within an extremely long timespan. Its both the products and the customer service that need work. Lots of promises and very little return.

There has always been some ridiculous excuse and this is yet another that probably means nothing in the scheme of things.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

runner999

by runner999

BRM wrote:
runner999 wrote:I know dealing with Ted has been tough for some and myself included, no need to pretty that up or beat the dog any more..

On a positive note I've had good luck with the Ciamillo products and I'm not saying this because I work for or get any deals from Ted Ciamillo and Co, honest. I'm hopeful things will turn-around after the restructure.

Here are some pictures of the Parlee Z1 I built up recently with the . . . . (blabla taken out)]

Why cluttering up this topic with a huge set of pics? Here is discussed the RESTRUCTURING.
Nothing more or less. Not a promotion topic for the products that are for sale. Keep with the subject and leave your pics for other topics, please.

Deleted my pics and the post. I should have realize this was going to turn into another WW bitch session.... :evil:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

KWalker wrote:Its not just his service. Have you followed the issues with the newest cranks? A local rider has broken 3 sets of them in different places. That to me indicates he had either no idea what he was doing with the design or materials used in the product. The brakes have often been delayed and have had compatibility issues with multiple types of wheels, which were fixed, but within an extremely long timespan. Its both the products and the customer service that need work. Lots of promises and very little return.

There has always been some ridiculous excuse and this is yet another that probably means nothing in the scheme of things.

I have read about issues with his products, and you're probably right, but it wouldn't hurt the community if he was given the chance to fix the issues. If nothing seems to change, then we'll know, but if things change for the better, then we all win.

xena
Banned

by xena

I think any company that makes parts should make sure they work well and have been tested thoroughly. I think Ted was a bit quick off the mark with the cranks as there was a few issues as noted on this sight. I think as far as the brakes go it was not Teds fault that wider rims became the trend. If you are going to run wider wheels then check to make sure they will work. Ted is not a big company like Shimano and obviously trying to start addressing issues is time consuming for a small outfit.
Clarity and communication is what is needed and It seems Ted is trying to put this right. In these circumstances I think it should be made clear that you are buying a high end product from a one man operation and any issues cannot be dealt with in the same way a big company could just replace a faulty part instantly.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Causidicus

by Causidicus

drainyoo wrote:...it wouldn't hurt the community if he was given the chance to fix the issues.

How many chances do you think a vendor should have?

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Causidicus wrote:
drainyoo wrote:...it wouldn't hurt the community if he was given the chance to fix the issues.

How many chances do you think a vendor should have?

How many WW's does it take to change a light bulb..? :noidea:

Causidicus

by Causidicus

None, as true WWs will have installed light weight LEDs. ;)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I am one of the forum members who has had nothing but good service from Ted. A few years back I requested some stiffer springs in a set of first generation ZGs. I sent them back from Austria and asked that the refurb be sent to me in the USA while visiting family there. The brakes were sent on time in a short time window available and Ted actually just swapped them out for a new pair that was several years younger. I was shocked and actually recall inquiring if a mistake had been made in the shipping. I have two sets of his brakes now and both sets have, admittedly, required some patience to set up initially (and about two vodka tonics), but after that have been a wonderful product. It is distressing to read some of the poor experiences bantered about here, but Ted is coming clean with a big mea culpa and seeking a means to earn back trust and sustain the company for which he certainly has passion.

I do wish you well, Ted, and that the smaller operational scope allows you to gets back to basics and the original intent of ZG / Ciamillo.

Stoli

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Its amazing how shorts peoples memory can be. We have seen this act of contrition before. About two years ago he stiffed me on a $150 payment i sent him for some brake parts which were never shipped. I received countless promises of shipment and refunds of money by Ted himself all to no avail. Final a WW board member who was also a distributor was trying to repair his bad reputation brokered a way for several of those on the board members who had been cheated to get a refund. After a few weeks i received a refund. He promised me he learned his lesson and was turning a new leaf. It wasn't more than a month before i started seeing more posts on more problems??????

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

As I recall from the thread that won't / can't be mentioned, CL said ZG tries to get in front of bad press. This is interesting timing for a mfg to start his own thread.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Third time? Come on, man.