My three bikes

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

muplus

by muplus

Hello...I am new here, and these are three of my bikes. I could not have built these without the help of this forum. :thumbup:

Scott Addict, 6.335 kg
Planet-X track, 49x12, 6.364 kg
Scott Plasma 2 LTD, 7.583 kg

This is the R3, 52 cm (small). I built the wheels from 32H IRD Cadence rims (405g~410g), DT revolution spokes, American Classic rear hub and Circus Monkey front hub; about 1,435g without skewers or rim strips. And yes, Keywin CRM-Ti pedals.

Update: Changed to American Classic Sprint 350 wheels, 28/32, rebuilt with Sapim Laser spokes. Wheelset was 1.439 kg stock, and 1,361 kg after the rebuild.

Large chainring went from 54T to 56T.

FYI the frame is their XS, 1,370g without seat collar. I cannot find fault with this frame inspite of how inexpensive it is; the adjusters at the dropouts are really nice to have. Keywin CRM-Ti pedals.

The wheels are Powertap G3 factory wheels, 32 spokes, very sturdy feeling and good value. One day I will build my aero wheelset. Stem is Syntace Flatforce 77mm. I like to use Wilson Tennis grip wrap on my TT handlebars; I would use them for my road bars as well if they came long enough. Also Keywin CRM-Ti pedals.

Update: now with Reynolds 46mm tubulars. And a new 60T chainring. The front derailleur does not shift but cleared the teeth once I filed a notch in it. You need it to keep the chain from falling off.
Last edited by muplus on Sat May 17, 2014 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

pina2

by pina2

Nice bikes. Seems you like Scott bikes. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muplus

by muplus

Thank you! :wink:

Not having ridden too many bikes (Cannondales and Litespeeds in the past, fond memories), the Scotts seem quite good value.

michel2

by michel2

The planet track is the most populair track bike on my home track!

moman

by moman

Your addict is stunning, so clean.

muplus

by muplus

@Juanmoretime...I am familiar with your Plasma 2 from reading this forum; I love these bikes, and TT bikes in general! I too have a 3T Brezza aerobar just like yours. (I put the 3T brake levers on the Vuka base bar, which required some home-made shims.) It just happens I could not get low enough at the elbows with the Brezza on this bike. Apprently you do not have that problem at all!

@michel2, I have not seen another PX track bike here on my hometown velodrome. People always though I spent a whole bunch of money on it... :oops:

@moman: I must look just like that surrounded by my bikes. Of course the bike was cleaned up and waxed before the picture was taken...

muplus

by muplus

I posted some updates...

The "Sprint 350" rims are 398 and 390 grams each. It is kind of like the so-called 2x4 in the US are not 2" by 4"...I should take comfort in knowing they are "beefier" than claimed...but 1,361g for a pair of low cost clincher wheels is not too bad.

The Reynolds 46 mm tubular set weighs 1,315g. They have been mercifully de-badged and I think they might be the Assaults because of the KT hubs. I am not going to rebuild these for now because the wheels are so true and the tensions so even.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com