Your favourite toe-cover / toe-cap or overshoe?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stephenjames

by stephenjames

The Assos toe covers work well for me - winter MTB races!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thank you, Mark.

If someone were to come out with toe-caps that weighed in at less than 10g for the pair and were more compact in storage, would you be interested?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

I only wear toe covers on the days when my toes are really, really cold and my heels are really, really hot. :mrgreen:

Toe covers are for triathletes -- dudes that like to wear parts of various garments. Just get the booties. Much mo' better.... :smartass:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Must have been a lot of triathletes at the Giro then..
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

milroy

by milroy

prendrefeu wrote:Thank you, Mark.

If someone were to come out with toe-caps that weighed in at less than 10g for the pair and were more compact in storage, would you be interested?

Maybe try the Endura Pro-slick toe cover:

http://www.endurasport.com/Product.aspx ... rod_id=457

They are a thin layer wind barrier rather than neoprene insulation so not as warm. However I found them mostly adequate in Sydney winter which can get down to about 5 deg C on occasion, but mostly around 9 to 12 deg.

They'll wear faster but maybe you can trackstand.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

I use the same as Mark, and have just brought the Pearl Izumi elite barrier for really wet days. I have converted from Sugoi to Pearl
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Got the Castelli Pioggia 4 now finally, with my 3s being torn up pretty badly. The 4 is very much the update I had hoped for, much stronger fabric, way better sole, still nice and fleecy on the inside. So pleasant after all that neoprene bootie use over the winter.

Rick

by Rick

Louis Garneau T-covers are very light, water-proof-backed lycra.
No warmth, but wind and spray protection.

commendatore

by commendatore

I like the PI toe covers because I can get them on/off fairly quickly. I've never had a full shoe cover that I didn't have to struggle with. for wet & mucky cx races I wear plastic bags over my socks, nothing else has ever kept my feet dryer in the rain.

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Re Castelli Pioggia 4, do they slip down at the back? Both pairs of my Nano booties ride down & when I stop & put a foot down the material is under the heel pad. Apart from the obvious premature wear issue it looks scruffy, which lets down an otherwise decent water & wind resistant shoe cover.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

lippythelion wrote:Re Castelli Pioggia 4, do they slip down at the back? Both pairs of my Nano booties ride down & when I stop & put a foot down the material is under the heel pad. Apart from the obvious premature wear issue it looks scruffy, which lets down an otherwise decent water & wind resistant shoe cover.

They don't slip down for me. I wore them for a good 8 hours on a longer ride, and the fit is great. They seem to run a little bigger than the Pioggia 3, more matching to the shoe size in the sizing table.

Anyway the first half of the ride was pretty wet, and water got in because I didn't seal the cuff with tape, but I never got cold. About the looks, I like that it's not quite as shiny as the 3, but tastes differ, obviously. Also makes the lube stains stand out less (managed to put it against the chainring already :oops: ).

Definitely a thumbs up from me. We'll be having rain the whole week, so it'll be getting some more use surely.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Rick wrote:I really like the Performance toe cover because it rises up and covers the whole front of the shoe. It is very thin neoprene, so it really cuts the wind and is warm, yet there is a lot of random ventilation because it is just a toe cover.

i got the same joints, and they work nice!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Defeet Slipstream for the dry....Pearl Izumi stretchy rain booties for the wet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk